Solo 5 connect to sky q code

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Solo 5 connect to sky q code

Hi. Trying to connect my Bose remote to my sky Q tv box in the UK but having no luck.

Can't even connect it to my Toshiba 32l6353d TV.

Can anyone help please?

Yours a new Bose customer trying the Bose brand for the first time..... unsuccessfully
8 REPLIES

Re: Solo 5 connect to sky q code

Hi Savage3121,

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the remote issues, but I'd be glad to assist!

When programming the Solo 5 universal remote, the code that is input to the remote is a folder for the brand.  After attempting the first test command, if this fails, you would want to press the Volume + button and test again.  Each press of the Volume + button advances to the next code in the brand.  Once you have a successful test command, press exit to save.  

Let us know if this helps!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Wistful Whisperer

Than you.. Can turn of TV now but sky Q isn't connecting. The code for sky is 2045 but is Sky Q different?

Hi Savage3121,

Thanks for the update.  I checked for a few different Sky Q codes, and can you try 5752 and 8535?

Let us know how it goes,

Tony A 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi. I tried but it didn't work. At the moment I can only use this big remote for bass and volume and TV. Can't get it to work with the main use of sky

Any other suggestions? Ta

Hi Savage3121,

Thanks for giving those codes a try.  Can you check the settings of the Sky Q box to see if there is a way to enable IR control?  Some cable boxes use radio frequency remotes and this setting needs to be enabled.  Also, if you could provide the model number of the box, we can look into this further.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi.
Is that the Cisco number? Taken from the bottom of the box? 32C005

I can't find anything in settings for IV settings.

Ta

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.  I don't believe that is the model number of the cable box as it didn't return any results.  It may be that this particular cable box is not compatible with the Bose remote.  If you're looking for a one remote solution, I'd recommend checking to see if the Sky Q remote is able to control the Bose Solo 5 system.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Tony.

Yes. I could set up the sky remote to control the Bose solo 5 but would rather do it using your remote. All in one.