Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Solo 5 sound bar skips sound

My solo 5 sound bar skips sound for a few seconds occasionally  when my tv is in Dolby digital however it  doesn't skip when the tv is in pcm mode. What's the fix for this?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Solo 5 sound bar skips sound

Hi Marklone, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing with the skipping on your Solo 5. This is very unusual. 

Can you confirm if you are using Dolby Digital/ DTS? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

My Soundbar5 does this as well. I am trying to figure out how to remedy this. Is is plugged into a Vizio tv using optical cable. Any ideas to try to fix. Just got this sound at at the end of July.

thanks,

scott

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Scott, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well.

As suggested by @Jessie_O above, can you check what format you're using here (DTS or Dolby Digitial)?

Furthermore, if you connect to the system through another cable type, through Bluetooth, or to another device (such as a phone), do you encounter the same audio skipping sound?

Please get back to us when you can!

Liam W

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

It says my 2 choices are Dolby digital or PCM and in Dolby digital  it skips but in pcm it doesn't 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

i too just started having connection issues with solo5 . i have it connected to a sony bravia kdl48r550c through optical it worked off the rogers ignite remote without the bluetooth on now it wont connect without blootooth enabled and is very patchy ignite has hardtime finding it without bluetooth enabled .it is connected to tv by hdmi auto detect dolby 5.1 on ignite remote confused why it cant go back to ignite controling it without blue tooth enabled    

Highlighted

Hi Marklone, 

Thank you for confirming! 

How do you have the Solo 5 connected to your TV? 

Let me know!

Hi Dermo, 

Thank you for your input and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. 

I would recommend resetting the system. To do this, unplug the system and wait for 1 minute. 

Let me know how it goes!

Once again, thank you both for posting. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I have it connected using the optical cable that came with it.

Highlighted

Hi Marklone, 

Thank you for confirming this! 

Have you had the opportunity to try a different optical cable?

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend resetting the Solo 5 by unplugging from power and leaving for 1 minute. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I am having the same issue (for roughly 4mos.) with my Bluetooth connections whether it's Alexa or my iPhone connected to it.

I do not know how to determine Dolby digital or PCM since there is no switch or anything like that on my bar to tell me what it is.

I also unplugged the bar for 1min.+ and it still persists.  It works fine for my TV via the optical cable that came with the unit.

Any help would be appreciated.