Emart361
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Solo 5 soundbar volume low when connected via optical

My solo 5 volume is extremely low while connected to tv via optical cables. When I connect via Bluetooth to my phone it is loud as it should be. I have a samsung smart tv. I can not get the soundbar to be loud while using it to watch tv. The volume is at 100 percent and I can barely hear the sound from the sound bar. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Solo 5 soundbar volume low when connected via optical

Hello Emart361, 

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. I am sorry that you are experiencing low audio whilst connected to your TV. 

Have you firstly ensured that the optical cable is securely connected to the TV? You should hear or feel a click when it is securely connected via optical.

I would also take a look into your TV's audio settings. Many TVs have a menu setting that allows audio to be sent to speakers other than the TV speakers. In the TV menu, navigate to sound settings and look for a TV Speakers or Audio Output option (or something similar). The TV speakers may need to be turned off and the output may need to be set to Fixed or External Speakers.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Emart361
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Hello

the connects are secure and I have checked my tv settings. It is set correctly

Highlighted

Hello Emart361,

Thank you for checking this. Would you be able to confirm if this happens with all sources on your TV? Do you have anything connected such as a cable box? If so, do you experience this with both internal sources and connected devices?

Also, is the volume raised on both the TV and on the soundbar. I know you said it is at 100% but I'm not sure if this meant you have raised the volume on both?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.