Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Solo 5 turns on

Hello. We have a Solo 5 connected to our TV & it worked perfectly until recently. Now we turn the whole thing off (using Bose remote) & the TV & sound randomly turn themselves back on during the night. Scared the tripe out of me the first time! The only thing that's different is I used the Bluetooth function recently to play music via a tablet but nothing else has changed. Any suggestions appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Solo 5 turns on

Hey Maree,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I can certainly imagine that your Solo 5 playing audio randomly in the night would cause a fright and this is most unusual. 

I believe this could be 1 of 2 things. Maybe a problem with the remote control that is sending a command to the system to turn on your devices. Therefore, I'd recommend changing the batteries or potentially removing them for 1 night to see if this happens. Alternatively, I'd suggest turning off the auto-wake feature. This will then indicate if it's your TV turning on, and therefore the soundbar also. You can do this by following these steps: On the remote control, press and hold the Power button for five seconds until three descending tones are heard from your system, and the system light flashes red.

In case of a minor processor error, I'd also recommend that you reset your Solo 5 TV system by removing the power for 60 seconds and then reconnect.

Please let me know the outcome of these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Solo 5 turns on

Thank you!  Your instructions have sorted out problem one, which was that the Bose wasn't actually turning "off" but a red light was still visible.  I am seeking to source English instructions for the remote because I'm sure it can do more than just off/on, which is what we currently do with it.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly also.  Much appreciated.  🙂