Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Solo 5 unable to control Sharp TV

My Solo 5 remote is unable to control my new Sharp Aquos TV. I have it programmed for several other devices but the code 0093 in the manual does not work, on any of the options available by pressing Volume +. I have confirmed the TV remote is an IR device. Is there an alternate code I can use for a 2019 Sharp Aquos TV? Currently having to juggle remotes which is a major pain.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Solo 5 unable to control Sharp TV

Hi Scarecrow,

Thank you for posting and joining us.

We have had some users in THIS THREAD have some luck using the Hi-Sense remote code with newer Sharp TV's. The reason that this seems to be working is Hi-Sense partly owns the Sharp brand in North and South America.

The Hisense code is 2159, try using that code with your TV and let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Hi Keith,

thanks for your reply. I had seen those posts and tried that, but no luck. I suspect the TV may be too new for the remote to have a code for it. I’ve resorted to a multi-remote to control both the tv and the sound bar, which works a treat. 

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us @Scarecrow

I'm glad to hear that you have found a workaround! I suspect you're absolutely right. I would recommend keeping your Solo 5 up to date with the latest firmware as this is how the new codes are added. Then retrying periodically. I have included the LINK HERE to provide the details of updating the firmware. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!