BrianJ
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Solo 5 universal Remote control programming

My Solo 5 universal remote will operate the sound bar, but quit operating the cable system. It worked for a while, then quit. I have removed the batteries and re-installed them, but this didn't help. A couple of minor things on the TV will respond, but it will not show the menu or change channels. It used to do all of these things. I have had this system for less than a month. The sound is great and I love it. I have an older Visio TV and Xfinity/Comcast cable.

9 REPLIES 9
Charlotte_G

Re: Solo 5 universal Remote control programming

Hello BrianJ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I would recommend clearing the remote codes and reprogramming them.

• On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing
  • On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm

To program your remote, please follow these steps: Programming your remote

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BrianJ
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Sorry but this didn't work!

Vicky_W

Hello BrianJ, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry that these steps did not work. 

Could you please try a product reset for me? 

You can reset your product by following these steps:

1. Turn the product off.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute.
  3. Reconnect the power cord.
  4. Retest the system.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
BrianJ
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I tried this last night several times and it hasn't made any difference. The Bose remote still operates the Solo 5 sound bar, but not the able system. Thanks, Brian

Jessie_O

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for following up with us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting provided has let to resolve your issue. 

I would recommend following the troubleshooting outlined in the LINK HERE to see if this improves your issues. I have also included this LINK HERE which should help outline how to control your connected devices. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Tomyoon
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Remote

How do I get the Bose Solo 5 to pair with my LG remote for volume? If I try the volume, all I get is the symbol that it can’t. Thanks. 

Vicky_W

Re: Remote

Hello Tomyoon,

Thanks for choosing Bose! 

You can find the details to program your remote in the post by @Charlotte_G above. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Tomyoon
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Sorry, but I want to use my LG remote, not the Bose. I can’t find the topic on her posts. Sorry. 

Tegan_M

I do apologise Tomyoon.

Your Solo 5 takes commands from remotes which are infrared. No setting changes are needed on your system to control it with a universal remote that sends IR (infrared) commands. 

If your remote is not IR, it will not be possible to program this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!