Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

SounTouch 520

Hi,
I bought a SoundTouch 520 few years back and never used them. I recently set them up and noticed out of 5 speaker cube. One speaker is louder than other. It is so identical and can feel 70% of the audio is coming from that particular cube. Is it normal to expect a cube to be main / louder? Or I am doing something wrong? I couldnot run the cable through ceiling and kept all 5 speakers in front. Please advise.

Thanks

Rusho

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SounTouch 520

@rusho wrote:

Hi,
I bought a SoundTouch 520 few years back and never used them. I recently set them up and noticed out of 5 speaker cube. One speaker is louder than other. It is so identical and can feel 70% of the audio is coming from that particular cube. Is it normal to expect a cube to be main / louder? Or I am doing something wrong? I couldnot run the cable through ceiling and kept all 5 speakers in front. Please advise.

Thanks

Rusho

You are probably hearing the rear channels at work causing conflicts with your other speakers. I suggest you purchase the stands for the 520 speakers, run the cables along the floor along the base boards. Check all your connections and run Adapt IQ. If you are adverse to buying stands or running cables behind your walls, sell your gear. Putting all your speakers at the front of the room will mess up your sound greatly!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

Hi Rickatk,

Thanks for your advise.

I am going to buy the speaker stand. Hopefully it will solve the issue. Will  advise you the outcome.

(I forgot to mention, out of 3 front speaker, the front left speaker is acting as main, which is generating most of the sound)

Thanks again, for your advise.

Rusho

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I think you will be very happy with the Bose stands if that is what you buy. Remember to run adapt iq to get the speaker parameters sorted out. Be sure to follow the speaker placement guidelines. The SoundTouch 520 is a nice package and will serve you well.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Sound Touch 520

I think you will be very happy with the Bose stands if that is what you buy. Remember to run adapt iq to get the speaker parameters sorted out. Be sure to follow the speaker placement guidelines. The SoundTouch 520 is a nice package and will serve you well. Try to use the ARC connection with HDMI if that is available to you for best sound.

The console will display what is being decoded(5.1,DTS,DD2.1 etc) when you press the volume button, this is very handy

Cheers.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You probably have the front left plugged into the wrong input on the subwoofer.