Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Sound bar 500 remote connect to Roku tv

I just purchased a TCL 55” 5 series tv and set up a Bose 500 sound bar. Everything is working great and coming through my Bose universal remote control. The only thing I can’t get on the remote is my Roku menu. I believe it’s because it doesn’t have a separate HDMI port it’s plugged into since it’s built into the tv. How do I go about programming the remote so the Roku menu comes up?  Is there a Roku code I can use?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Sound bar 500 remote connect to Roku tv

Hi @Mibos!

Great to hear you were able to get your Soundbar 500 up and running. How are you finding it so far?

In regards to connect your Roku device, have you been able to run through the Universal Remote settings in the Bose Music app? If you select the option for Configure, you should see an option for 'Streaming Device' with Roku listed as an example.

Would you be able to follow that through and let me know if you're able to get control over your Roku system?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.