AllaK
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Sound goes up and down - Companion 2 Series III

Hello, my Companion is acting weird - the sound goes up and down on its own. Anyone knows how to fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Sound goes up and down - Companion 2 Series III

Hey @AllaK,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that - what device do you have your Companion 2 series speakers plugged into? Have you tried connecting to any other devices to see if this issue persists? Have you tried a reset by disconnecting the system from power for two minutes, or plugging into a different power socket/outlet?

Also, what service do you use when listening to audio/music? Do you notice the issue only happens on one particular source or all sources?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AllaK
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Hello, my speakers are about 5 years old now and recently started working very weirdly. The sound would just go up and down and it is impossible to listen. I know they are budget, but I still hoped to get more than 5 years from them. Is this fixable? 

Bose product name Companion 2

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) Spotify through ThinkPad 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) Living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

mmontgomery67@comcast.net
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

The C20 controller on the bose speaker goes bad in about 5 years...I just found a new one for mine on E Bay..

It is usually the controller and not the speaker that goes bad..

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi AllaK,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your speakers. So I can get the best idea of what is happening with your speakers I do have a few questions for you!

What device do you have your Companion 2 series speakers plugged into? Have you tried connecting to any other devices to see if this issue persists?

Have you noticed any pattern to when the volume changes at all?

Also, have you tried a reset by disconnecting the system from power for two minutes, or plugging it into a different power socket/outlet?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!