Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Sound stopped working on my Bose Lifestyle 48

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Sound stopped working on my Bose Lifestyle 48

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you're no longer getting audio from your Lifestyle 48 system. 

We will require some further details off you so we can provide you with the most accurate information.

Can you firstly let us know what troubleshooting you have already attempted so we do not re-advise you?

Do you get any LED response from your system? If so, what does this state?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Thank you for your response. To answer your question - firstly I must correct the system - it is a Lifestyle 38 NOT 48.

I have tried the recommended "Re-set" process. I have also put the Acoustimass leads directly into the main unit and can hear sound from the surround speakers (albeit very low volume)

However, when plugged into the sub woofer (Acoustimass) there is nothing from any of the sources.

Your reference to the LED ? I note that on some of the reviews I have seen they say there should be a flashing indicator where the audio cable fits into the sub woofer - If so then there is no light.

Could it be a fault with the Acoustimass?? If so how do I get this tested and/or fixed?

I called the BOSE tech line but was waiting on two occasions for up to 30 mins but couldn't get through.

I appreciate your help.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi Keithmhawes, 

Thanks for coming back to us and providing this information. 

It could be an issue with your Acoustimass. The only way to be sure would be to replace The audio input cable. This is the cable that runs between the console and the Acoustimass. You can obtain a replacement by reaching out to our team. I understand you have experienced some issues getting hold of them. If you call at the beginning of the day, this should reduce your wait time. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Thank you I will try to replace the audio cable - I will try to get through to the support team to arrange.

Regards.