Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

SoundTouch 300 Soundbar + bass module 700 + surround speakers 700, Is it going to be a good setup ?

I am planning to buy SoundTouch 300 Soundbar + bass module 700 + surround speakers 700, Is it going to be a good setup to experience true surround sound ? Does BOSE speakers produce Dolby Atmos effect? If so please suggest me a suitable bundle.

If I connect surround sound 700 with my bose sound touch 300, can I control all speakers through sound touch app? Ho

How these speakers are connected to each other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 Soundbar + bass module 700 + surround speakers 700, Is it going to be a good setu

Author Accepted Answer selected by KaushikA

Dolby Atmos is for watching movies with the overhead sounds.  I doubt it would do much for music.  I prefer to listen to music in stereo and turn off my surround speakers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 Soundbar + bass module 700 + surround speakers 700, Is it going to be a good setu

Bose products only do Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS.  They have no products that do Dolby Atmos.  Dolby Atmos requires overhead speakers or upward firing speakers.  Bose has neither.  The Bose Soundtouch app gives you some very limited control of your surround speakers and bass module.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I agree there is limited control of various sound profiles using the App, but most people won't want to be fine tuning details when the out of the box experience is amazing.  

Would Dolby ATMOS be worthwhile if you are only streaming music?  I have the SB700 with 2 bass modules and the surround speakers and I find music sounds amazing however I would like to hear the same music using a Dolby ATMOS setup but I don't know anyone who has one I can listen to lol

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by KaushikA

Dolby Atmos is for watching movies with the overhead sounds.  I doubt it would do much for music.  I prefer to listen to music in stereo and turn off my surround speakers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Thanks for writing. I understand Dolby Atmos is for movies..I asked both for music and movies. Since I am trying to combine soundtouch 300 with bose surround 700 and bose base module 700, i just wanted to know, if they ll sync with each other . plz suggest. if yes, are they going to produce a better sound then sennheiser ambeo

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You are not the only person asking questions.  Of course the Bose Soundtouch 300 will sync with the bass module and rear surround speakers.  You will have to judge the sound vs other alternatives for yourself.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I am using the Soundbar 700 with surround speakers and 2 woofers and the sound is amazing, music is outstanding, everything syncs perfect.  As far as it sounding better than another system, that is personal taste but I would imagine comparing the top of the line bose products with other top of the line competitors you would have to be a pro audio file to pick out the subtle differences between them IMO.