Eaglehawk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 only stereo

Hello Zoe,

So, using the Netflix test (and like others have previously stated, YouTube's "Dolby 5.1 surround" test).

Both apps on either the in built LG TV and the Apple TV 4K. During testing, the right/centre/left/right rear/left rear ALL play the sound correctly. (So I know the channels are correct)

But on all sources where is says "LFE sound playing". I get nothing. This use to work, again, all before June of this year.

Hi Eaglehawk, 

thank you for following up with us! 

Have you been able to double-check your sound settings on the TV to make sure you have a 5.1 Output as per @Zoe_C's post above?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Eaglehawk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply. Just returned and checked the settings. My LG OLED E6 using ARC to HDMI 3, and the settings for the audio are either "Auto" or "PCM". My testing has been on Auto.

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Ludakit wrote:
Good morning, all.

I just wanted to update this to not only thank you for your help, but also post something that may be helpful to others.

The reset/log in solution worked. I basically took the settings back to the factory settings but it’s important to note that you CAN NOT UNDO A SOFTWARE UPDATE. A factory update only resets the settings.

So, long story short, that worked, but testing it is the hardest part. YouTube recently went to a stereo format but Netflix offers a test pattern that you can use to test it.

Just log into your Netflix account and search for “test.” It’ll be somewhere around the fourth or fifth result. Here’s a link to it on Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80018499

Thanks for all your help and I hope this helps others as well.

Glad to hear your problem is fixed. Throughout the forum there are posts expressing much frustration about Bose gear not working. Probably the most common solution (in addition to resets etc.) is logging out of one’s Bose account and logging back in. I have used this solution after updates, making changes to my gear, pretty much after any changes to one or more speakers. The account login is a simple solution that often gets over looked and works more times than not.

BTW: I was listening to some movie theme music on YouTube the other night(Theme from Shaft). The music is output in LPCM 2.0 stereo from YouTube. Good old stereo still sounds really great and Bose sound bars do a great job reproducing the stereo sound field, using the phase guides.