Highlighted
Janniine
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

SoundTouch 300 won’t turn on or restart

I have a SoundTouch 300 that’s been working fine, but all of a sudden It won’t turn on. I’ve tried to restart and reset it with the remote and not having it plugged it for a couple of days. But nothing has wont what else should I try
25 REPLIES 25

Re: SoundTouch 300 won’t turn on or restart

Hi Janniine, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you with this! 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt to use different batteries in the remote to see if this is the cause of the issue as well as attempting to connect the remote to other devices to see if it can control them. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Joe, The
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Having the same problem.  Sound bar was working great yesterday.  Today it will not power on.  Changed to new batteries in the remote.  Disconnected from power source.  Reconnected.  Still will not power on.

Hello @Joe_The

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this power issue with your SoundTouch 300. We would like to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Are there any LED indicators showing on your Soundbar? Have you tried streaming music from the SoundTouch app or via Bluetooth to your Soundbar to see if this responds? 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

ltvin27
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I am having the same problem. I have tried the reset and changing the batteries on the remote. Still no success. Did you ever find a solution to this problem.

Hi Itvin27,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having a similar issue. 

Could you please confirm if you can see any LED's on the front of the system at all? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Spender
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Hector,

Good evening,

I am an Australian customer with a Bose Sountouch Soundbar 300.

The device is approximately 18 months old.

Today the device was working fine. It was then turned off and when we returned to it a few hours later we found that there were no lights on. We have searched Bose support archives and read entries relating to this issue from 2017, 2018 and 2019.

So far we have tried the following:

1. Disconnect power cord, wait 15 seconds and then reconnect. No change, no lights, no power.

2. Disconnect power cord, wait 30 seconds and re-connect. No change.

3. Tried 3 different power sockets and two distribution boards. No change.

4. Tried factory reset. No change.

5. Tried to connect using the app on two different mobile telephones, device does not connect. Pressing the Bose button and 9 on the handset no lights come up on the Soundbar.

10. The Bose remote continues to operate other devices.

What should we do next?

Joe, The
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

It's become apparent over the last few weeks that this particular device has a simple power supply issue.  We have numerous Bose products and have for years.  All of them have and continue to function flawlessly, until now.  Just like you, we tried everything.  "No lights" was the net result.  Thankfully Bose is an honorable company and has arranged a repair.

Hi Spender, 

Thanks for posting and attempting all of the troubleshooting steps so far. I appreciate the time that you have taken to resolve this issue before reaching out to us. 

As you have exhausted all the recommended steps that we would suggest for this issue, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help with a possible exchange or repair. 

If any other community members have had this issue and have resolved it via a different step to what Spender has already attempted please do let us know. Also thank you @Joe,The for the feedback! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ltvin27
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I called Bose and was told I have to send it back to them for repair.   They said they would send me a box to ship it back.  The box was supposed to come in about 3 days.  Took three weeks.   I just sent it out and hopefully it comes back in 4-6 weeks.    And all this cost me $168 up front.   Needless to say I am very unhappy with this product.