Spender
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 300 won’t turn on or restart

Hector B,

Thank you for your prompt response and advice, which I have followed. I have spoken with your Australian Technical Support Centre this morning, who are going to arrange a Courier to collect the soundbar and it will be repaired or replaced under Warranty. For the benefit of other users the whole process may take up to 3 weeks. I just have to supply a box to pack the soundbar in.

Thank you again,

John

kusters12
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I too have a Soundtouch 300 that has stopped working after 17 months of very intermittent use, likely only used 25-30 times.  Searching the web quickly shows this is a systemic problem for this revision of the Bose soundbar, and I am astounded to hear that Bose service is charging for this repair considering it is quite obviously this is a design issue.  I will look to exhaust all options with BestBuy and Bose to correct this free of charge, and I recommend all others with this issue do the same.

Hello Kusters12, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300 and would love to assist you. 

I would, first of all, recommend that you try all of the steps mentioned within this thread. 

Should these not work please let me know and we can look to trying other steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W  

ltvin27
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

But that is the issue. We are all having the same problem so it is obviously a defect. Because it is a defect why must we all pay to have it repaired.  It should be free!!!

kusters12
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I have tried all debugging possible, went so far as ensuring 120V was reaching the end of power cord using an electric meter. 

Base on previous responses, I’m assuming I will now be referred to my local service center?

Hello Kusters12, 

Thanks for confirming that for me.

You are indeed correct, it would seem the best option here would be to talk this issue through with your local center and see what can be done for you. 

Please reach out to your local support team by clicking this link here and selecting your region. Once you have selected your region please scroll to the bottom of the page and select contact us. If you reside in the US or UK, you are also able to message the Bose Offical Twitter or Facebook accounts to reach a member of the Customer Service team. 

I am sorry that I was unable to help more.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

tunghuanyu@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

OMG.....I have the power issue too. Will that cost me the money? I felt it's the defective thing from Bose.

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty turning your SoundTouch 300 on. I recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this issue.

I am sorry I haven't been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C  

Martim_C
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Hello Guys,

I am having the same problem as well. Suddenly the soundtouch 300 won't turn orn.

It is so disappointing. One buys from Bose to prevent these things from happenning, but at the end you get a faulty product. 

I will start the same process of contacting the customer service. 

Thank you.

Martim

KKarthik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

HI,

I have a soundtouch 300 which is close to 2 years old and have a similar issue as mentioned in the post. It stopped turning on since last week. I tried all the option mentioned in the post but nothing worked.

Did you resolve this issue by any other means other than sending it to the service center?

Also can i take the speaker to the local bose store? Do they also service the speaker?

Thanks,

Karthik