Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 300 won’t turn on or restart

Hi KKarthik, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to read that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300 and would love to assist further. 

If you have attempted all troubleshooting steps in this thread and the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar will still not power on then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

They will then provide you with the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted and explain all service options that are available to you. In regards to taking the speaker to a local Bose store, some stores may be able to assist you with this, I would recommend that you call the store before visiting to ensure that they do. If you are unsure on what your local Bose store is you can use our store locator here

I am sorry that the steps that were provided on the community were not able to resolve this for you. If any other community members have resolved a similar issue via a different method please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
BusterBrown
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

SoundTouch 300 and remote control work when the power cord is unplugged and plugged back in, however, when the system shuts off, it will not restart via remote control. The only way to get the SoundTouch to wake up or play again is to unplug the power cord and plug it back in.

Is this a settings issue with the sound bar or an issue with the sound bar itself?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello BusterBrown,

Thanks for posting in the Community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty using the remote to power on the system. This is absolutely something I would be able to assist you with today, we can go through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you. So I do not go over anything twice for you, what troubleshooting from the thread other than the reset have you tried?

There are no known issues with the Soundbar 700 in regards to remote waking.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Highlighted
KKarthik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Thanks for the reply. I will try contacting the customer support

Highlighted
KKarthik
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Hi Zoe_C,

I tried the following methods

1. Tried using a different set od batteries for my Remote.
2. Tried with a different power outlet
3. Tried removing the power cord completely and connected it back after few minutes on a different power outlet.
4. Pressed the soundtouch button on the remote and than tried pressing the last button the remote next to CC Caption for few seconds to reset.
5. Tried connecting directly through Ethernet instead of the Wireless at the back of the bose speaker.
6. Tried restarting the wireless router and connected the power back on the bose speaker.

Let me know if you want me to try any other methods.

Highlighted
ltvin27
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

No other to fix it.  It has to go back and they charge you.

Highlighted
tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Same with me and from reading your thread and others here in the archives, etc. it appears to be an issue that happens with some frequency with these 300s.  

I've tried all of the things we can do from a consumer standpoint with unplugging, trying a known good outlet, resetting via the controller, etc.  

I can connect to mine via the app but there are no lights or sounds.  

Contacted tech support chat and they're going to charge me $149+tax to fix it.  

Highlighted
ltvin27
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

With such a common problem they should start waning the $149 fee.   And when I got it back it has not worked the same.  

Highlighted
tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Seriously I agree with you, re: getting charged.  They charged me and I haven't even sent it out yet. 

I'm out $156 and its still sitting under my TV and I'm waiting for the box to ship it back.   

Highlighted
Martim_C
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

I agree with you guys as well. I was lucky enough to experience this problem one month before the guarantee expired, but I can imagine how frustrated you guys are to spend some extra money to repair a factory (apparently) problem of an already expensive product. Additionally, we are not getting any relevant support from Bose. Why have to be us as customers to  cope with this factory (apparently) problem?