jcalvi2200
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

SoundTouch App on Lifestyle 650 restarts Over and over again

My SoundTouch app on my Lifestye 650 restarts itself over and over again.  The music continues to play but the app screen goes into this loop of restarting iteself constantly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundTouch App on Lifestyle 650 restarts Over and over again

Author Accepted Answer selected by jcalvi2200

Hi Jcalvi2200, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this, 

This is a very strange issue! Do you have another TV that you could possibly test the system on? I would also recommend performing a reset on the system via: 

• Keep the TV and control console on
  • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  • Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  • An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  • Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

7 REPLIES 7

Hi jcalvi2200, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you further. 

Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the application? Can you please confirm if you are speaking about the application on your mobile device or using Soundtouch directly on the 650 system? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

jcalvi2200
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is the app directly on the Lifestyle 650.  The screen on the TV does not stay on the music info screen.

Hi Jcalvi2200, 

How are you connecting to the 650 to stream the music that you are playing? What screen does the system go to when changing? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

jcalvi2200
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hi Hector,

I am using a wired connection.
The screen goes to the turning start-up wheel, and then the Bose logo

start-up splash for the Soundtouch app, then eventually to the music info screen
for a bit, then it will do it all over again in a constant loop.
I am wondering if my TV is causing it to restart??? I am using a Samsung Frame" TV
Thanks,

Author Accepted Answer selected by jcalvi2200

Hi Jcalvi2200, 

This is a very strange issue! Do you have another TV that you could possibly test the system on? I would also recommend performing a reset on the system via: 

• Keep the TV and control console on
  • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  • Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  • An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  • Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

jcalvi2200
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hi Hector,

The reset seems to have done the trick.  I followed all of your steps and it appears to have stabilized the app.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Hi jcalvi2200, 

Thanks for letting us know that this worked. If you have a moment to mark @Hector_B's post as the accepted solution that would be great. 

Let us know if you need any help in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W