Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte_G

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

Hello Jslezak57,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this popping sound. Generally, this indicates some interference. Has anything changed regarding your setup recently?

The way to test this would be by hooking up the bass module to the soundbar using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. If you require an interconnect cable, please reach out to your local customer service team and they'll be happy to help you with this. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

I look forward to haring the results of this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ken5hin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Hi there,

I clicked 'Install update' last night and my Lifestyle 650 console's light started blinking amber, indicating it's downloading the update.  However, it's been 24 hours and it hasn't stopped blinking amber.

The update shouldn't take that long to download and install right?

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks

Jessie_O

Hi Ken5hin, 

Thank you for your post and welcome. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your update. 

Can you tell me if you are still experiencing the issue? 

If so, I would recommend unplugging for 30 seconds and plugging it back in as it is not normal to have the system update for so long. An update on average takes 20 minutes. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Brycepatrick
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Actually, mine still has not updated, tried a few different times.  I have the LS 650.

ken5hin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Hi Jessie_O,

Did what you suggested and yet the problem still persists. It's more than 24 hours now since the first update attempt.

Any other remedies to try?

Thanks

Antony C
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

The update was downloaded and applied last night to my Lifestyle 650, and the system turned off at the end of applying the update. Now, I have a solid red light on the front of the main console, a solid orange light on the bass module, and the remote control has a spinning icon on the display. I have turned the power off and on again for the main console and bass speaker, with no effect.

What should I do next? 

Charlotte_G

Hello Antony,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing some power issues with your Lifestyle 650 system since installing the latest update. I'd love to do all I can to assist you with this,

To begin, I'd recommend soft resetting your system. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  4. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber, then white, while the system turns on and reboots.
  5. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

Should this not eliminate this problem, then I would recommend restoring the factory defaults to the system. 

Please let me know how you get on with these steps and the outcome.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

MJBBMANO
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

After downloading the new updates the app is unable to find my speakers. My system is ethernet cable connected. 
Is there a solution to this issue?

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I just installed the Soundtouch update on my Bose Soundtouch 300.  I am now able to play what used to be my paid Spotify account on my Bose using the Soundtouch app, but it's fee now.  Thanks Bose.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Well bummer.  You also get advertisements.  Should have known there is a catch to it.