Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
High Pockets
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Soundbar 1100 Inconsistent Sound

New soundbar with Samsung smart TV.  

* if we FWD part of a movie or program and then play from there, the sound comes back much louder or softer than where we left it.

* when we mute with Bose remote and then scroll through TV guide, it only mutes every other channel as we scroll...sound on, then off, then on, then off...and when we select, the volume is very different than where we left it.  

* in short, we lose the Bose sound level anytime we do anything else...

Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundbar 1100 Inconsistent Sound

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Everyone! 

Just a heads up that we have an update we believe fixes this issue.  

You can find instructions on how to update here.

This should resolve this issue for you, but if you update and still run into an issue please let us know!

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Vicky_W

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out today and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I would love to assist you in getting this issue resolved, however, I really would need to know which specific system you have. You can use this page here to type in the serial number of your system. This begins with SN and will be on the label either at the bottom or on the back of the system. This will then tell you the specific name of your device.

I very much look forward to your response. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
High Pockets
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

The S/N reads:(Removed by moderator) 

Thank you.

Hector_B

Perfect, thanks! 

The system you have is the Bose TV Speaker. 

Let's attempt to reset the system by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Disconnect the power cord from your product for one minute.

Can you please also let us know if the issue happens with just this TV or all devices? 

High Pockets
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Thanks, but powering off and unplugging for one minute did not fix it.  We only have a Samsung UN55MU800 (55") Smart TV (3 years old) connected to it.  It's connected via digital audio out from the Samsung box to "in" on the soundbar.  Standing by, and thanks.

High Pockets
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

One other fact, if I press sound (-) all the way, the sound stays off when scrolling the program guide, etc.  The problem is only when we try to use the Mute button on the Bose remote.

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I would recommend updating the firmware. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

Let me know!

High Pockets
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Downloaded firmware and installed, no difference.  

a) I mute a program, open TV guide and on every other station as I scroll, the sound on the muted program returns.

b) When I mute and fast forward a program, then unmute, the sound is always MUCH louder or lower than when I had muted it.

William H
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name: TV Speaker SN:080867W02510885AE

Firmware Version: UNKNOWN

App Version: UKNOWN

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: TV Samsung UN-40C6300SF; cable box for Spectrum/Charter Motorola DCX3220/C710/001; cable box remote 1060BC3; Logitech Harmony Universal remote 665 (no hub) 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: At first when I use the cable box remote   to change channels or if I use the up/down arrows to move through a menu, the channel will change as expected but the TV Speaker volume would go up or down simultaneously. I did a reset but now when I use those buttons on the cable remote, the Bose turns on or off, back and forth while the channels change. I have a Logitech Harmony 665 which I reprogrammed since I first posted this and it controls all the device normally.

What environment do you experience the issue in?  Living room. No unusual lighting or microwave or IR interference

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Immediately upon installation. It never worked correctly

Any troubleshooting steps you took: reset the speaker,  attempted to enter Bose codes into the cable remote that are supplied by my cable service

I see another user by the name of "Fred from Wilkes Barre, PA on 10/11/2020" has exactly the same problem on his Crutchfield.com review

NOTE: I updated this question while waiting for a response so now I guess it's a moot point. However, I still would like to know if there is a work around for my cable remote or a specific code I can enter so it recognizes the Bose TV Speaker. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

That is really strange High Pockets!

It sounds like the soundbar might be interpreting signals being sent from your other remotes as commands to control its own volume, which it should not be doing. When you are scrolling through channels and fast-forwarding, are you using your Samsung remote, or another 3rd party universal remote?

What I would recommend doing to test this, is mute your soundbar, then turn it so the back is pointing towards you while you control the TV. by doing this, you can try and prevent the IR signals from the other remotes from reaching the soundbar. If the soundbar no longer unmutes by itself or changes volume when it's unmuted then this will tell us that your other remote was controlling the soundbar unintentionally.

Should your remote be controlling the soundbar unintentionally, it would be worth tracking the soundbar to respond to the correct inputs from your remote for the volume and muting rather than the inputs it is currently receiving. You can teach the soundbar to understand your other remotes commands by following these steps:

Teach your system the Volume and Mute commands of another remote

You can teach your speaker to recognize the Volume and Mute controls of a remote that sends IR (infrared) commands—even if it's not a universal remote. This will not work for remotes that send RF (radio frequency) commands to control devices.

1. On your Bose remote, press and hold the TV button until the TV and Bluetooth® lights on the speaker blink three times and then glow white
  2. Press the Volume + button
  3. On the remote with which you want to control your Bose system, press and hold the Volume Up button until your speaker plays a tone:
    • If the TV light on your speaker blinks amber twice then glows white, it learned the command
    • If the TV light on your speaker blinks red twice then glows white, it did not learn the command. Try again. If it doesn't work after a few tries, the speaker cannot learn the commands of that particular remote
  4. Repeat steps 1 – 3 using the Volume Down buttons on the remotes
  5. Repeat steps 1 – 3 using the Mute buttons on the remotes.

Let me know how this testing goes!