danielmms
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

Soundbar 300 Voice Assistant not available

Hi

Just purchased a Soundbar 300.  I'm based in Jersey, Channel Islands.  We are part of the British Isles but not technically part of the UK. However, as far as Amazon etc are concerned, we are lumped in with the UK.

I'm trying to set up the Voice Assistant (using an Android phone) but am simply advised "we're having trouble accessing voice assistants at this time.  It's possible that this feature isn't available in your area.  Please check back later."

The Voice Assistant side of things was a major consideration for the purchase so it is deeply frustrating that it is missing.  Indeed, there is no reason for its absence since I have numerous Alexa and Google Assistant products that work flawlessly.

Please advise how I can get round this before I send the item back.

Many thanks

Bose product name

Bose Smart Soundbar 300

Country

Jersey

Firmware Version

3.0.10-945+d6524bc

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Samsung Galaxy Note9

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

App > Bose Smart Soundbar 300 > Settings > Voice Assistant > "We're having trouble accessing voice assistants at this time.  It's possible that this feature isn't available in your area.  Please check back later.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Upon purchase.  Never worked correctly.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

None

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Soundbar 300 Voice Assistant not available

Hey danielmms,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you're enjoying your Soundbar 300 so far!

I apologize for any inconvenience but at this time, Alexa is not available in your region of Jersey, and we do not yet have an insight into future availability. Please let us know if you have any further queries regarding this or anything else that I could help with.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!