Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandymoo
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Soundbar 300 help

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Soundtouch Soundbar 300

Country uk

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 2 days ago

Any troubleshooting steps you took

default reset

5 REPLIES 5
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Soundbar 300 help

@Mandymoo wrote:

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Soundtouch Soundbar 300

Country uk

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 2 days ago

Any troubleshooting steps you took default reset

I have no clue what your question is as you didn't actually put a question in your comments.

So I will link to you a guide I made for the SoundBar 500 & 700. I haven't written one for the 300 yet and at the very moment, I cannot recall what the differences are aside from it not including an eARC but using a standard ARC connection

I hope that this helps solve your question in some way 🙂

Mandymoo
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Sorry i'm new to the forum.

Its an ST 300 bar. it has just stopped working for no reason. No lights on. The soundtouch app says its working but it has no life.

Im pretty dissapointed that this has happened as its just over 2 years old. Any ideas as to what I can do?

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Mandymoo wrote:

Sorry i'm new to the forum.

No prob, it's just hard to help if people don't know what the question is 😉

@Mandymoo wrote:

Its an ST 300 bar. it has just stopped working for no reason. No lights on. The soundtouch app says its working but it has no life.

Im pretty dissapointed that this has happened as its just over 2 years old. Any ideas as to what I can do?

Ok, so you don't own the Soundbar 300 but the SoundTouch 300. Those are different products lol

Well, I made a guide specifically for the SoundTouch 300 including the best setup options.

Did you unplug the power from your TV and the SoundBar to see if this will resolve it? Most of the time a hard reset resolves problems with tech.

How is it currently set up? Does the SoundTouch 300 work using the HDMI input or the Optical input, what about ARC from your TV? 

Mandymoo
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

yeah i've had it all unplugged but still no lights coming on at all.

Its set up with the hdmi cable. Should i try the other one?

Didnt think it would make much difference as it really seems to be a power issue.

Ive checked the fuse in the plug and its ok

It has been working without flaw up till now. We bought a new LG tv just before Xmas and had no issues with either tv or bar.

worked perfectly well on Sunday past then Monday nadda

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Mandymoo wrote:

yeah i've had it all unplugged but still no lights coming on at all.

Ok, you unplugged the TV as well correct? With technology, it can be either the TV or the Soundbar as unplugging the TV is what solved this person's ARC issues.

@Mandymoo wrote:

Its set up with the hdmi cable. Should i try the other one?

Might as well try to see if there is a simple way to resolve this. You might want to try the Optical from your TV first as you won't have to rewire much. The HDMI input is not an ARC plug, so you would have to directly connect a source to it while keeping the ARC plugged in to send video to your TV. I go over some of those options in the guide I mentioned earlier.

@Mandymoo wrote:

Didnt think it would make much difference as it really seems to be a power issue.

Ive checked the fuse in the plug and its ok

It has been working without flaw up till now. We bought a new LG tv just before Xmas and had no issues with either tv or bar.

worked perfectly well on Sunday past then Monday nadda

It might indeed be a power surge that caused a hardware fault. If that is the issue, I can't think of any troubleshooting methods, beyond what I have already mentioned, that would be able to help. At that point, you would have to call up Bose to see if they can assist and possibly send it off to be repaired.