Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel059
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Soundbar 300 power supply problem

Hi, I purchased my soundbar 300 in hawaii on july 2018, i was happy using it and suddenly stop to work, aparently it has power supply problem, at least i think that because there is a little noise in the back part of the bar that it seems to be a typical electric problem, i have been searching on the web about these kind of problems, it seems to be usual.

I contacted bose store at my country in Chile (here we don't have a very good customer service support in general), they told me to send the bar to the technical service to repair, but the product is not on warranty because i purchased it on july 2018 and we are in jun 2020, so i guess i will have to pay for repair the damage, i'm scared on costs of repairs, My question is ¿is there any other option to fix it? or can BOSE provide a repair service for free, considering the initial cost of product and time of use.

thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundbar 300 power supply problem

Hey @Miguel059,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you seem to be experiencing a power issue with your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

Have you had the chance to test it using an alternative power outlet?

I'd also recommend removing the power for at least 30 seconds to perform a power cycle reset.

We're unable to assist with any service queries via the Bose Community. This is also specific to your country and policies vary throughout, therefore you'll need to discuss this with support in Chile.

Let us know how you get on with the above steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Miguel059
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I already did everything, but no response, the only solution in my country and it seems all around the world is to pay twice, when you buy the expensive product and when you have to fix that product. 

wave addict
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Hello - I have the same problem- my sound touch stopped working suddenly and the unit does not seem to have any power.  No way to restart or reset. I am based in the US and it is frustrating to get customer service on the phone to help with this.  Curious how was your problem resolved?  Did the speakers get fixed or did you have to trash them?

thanks

hongk03
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

The same problem just happened to me. I keep my soundbar 300 in very good condition, not even a scratch on it.  But all of a sudden (after a few months not using it at all), it cannot turn on. All LED lights solid dead in the front panel.  Try to use bluetooth connection to wake it up, not working.  Try to fully reboot, change cable, change socket, even change remote.  Nothing works.  Called Bose customer service, looks like mail in for repair is the only option for me now.