Drp38
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

Soundbar 300 wireless connection problem

Hi .... I can’t connect my wireless surround speakers ( bass module is fine ) 

maybe an obvious answer button the power box to the speaker ( L & R correctly set ) there is only one white light on one box ..... does this sound like a power issue on the other ? ..... if so any solutions ?

Also, what is the “service” port on the box ? 
thanks for any help ....... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Soundbar 300 wireless connection problem

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Drp38, I am sorry to hear that you are still unable to get power to your speaker. As we have identified that the speaker is the problem, you will likely need a service. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Hey Drp38, 

Thank you for your post, welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the Surround Speakers and will do all I can to assist you! 

The service port on the box is for our engineers and is not something you need to worry about. Regarding the boxes, you should have an LED on both boxes. Are you able to try the power cord from the one that is currently working? This way we can see if it is a power cord issue. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Drp38
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

Hi .... thanks for your response .....

I have swapped the power cable across but there is still no light 😕

( am I right to think that both speakers need to connect to work ? The speaker with white light on the box isn’t giving any sound either )

Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Drp38, I am sorry to hear that you are still unable to get power to your speaker. As we have identified that the speaker is the problem, you will likely need a service. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'. 

View solution in original post

Drp38
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

Hi Vicky

i ve been to the local distributor with the box .... they have contacted Bose and have now quoted me a price for a replacement and quite frankly after laughing at it I am now starting to feel anger 🤬  a new set of the speakers in the shop was just over € 300 .....

my replacement box € 200. !!!   How can that be justified ? 
it would be more economical to buy a new set and then I have spare 2 speakers AND a spare power / wireless box ....

I thought Bose were supposed to be quality products but feel I am being taken advantage of in this instance . 

Marvin_B

Hi Drp38.

I am sorry about the experience. I would suggest that you contact your local Bose support in your country at this stage. Here is the LINK.

I hope you could work something out with them directly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.