Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Soundbar 500 + Bass Module - low sound with Sony Bravia

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Bose soundbar 500 + bassmodule 500 which I have connected to my Sony Bravia AF9. Whilst the quality of the sound & bass is really good and with high volume when I stream music over Bluetooth, the volume is quite low when playing the TV audio through the soundbar.

Please let me know if I need to make any settings change.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 500 + Bass Module - low sound with Sony Bravia

Hey there,

I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying your Soundbar 500 and Bass Module 500 so far!

In regards to the audio quality coming through your TV, this will depend on the quality of the programme your watching and also the audio settings on the TV. How do you have your soundbar connected to your TV - HDMI or Optical?

Also, what do you tend to watch on your TV?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have connected my soundbar using HDMI to the TV.

Any program I watch on TV it's the same effect. I watch lot of Netflix and UHD movies. Even youtube songs, when I play YouTube from my TV, the quality of the sound through the soundbar is not that great, however the same song if I stream from my mobile using Bluetooth, the sound quality is good.

The soundbar is great, if I stream audio from my mobile or using anyother apps, but I don't think I'm getting a good sound quality when watching Netflix movies on my TV.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @menonts,

Each TV will have its own dedicated sound settings interface. As audio performance is operating correctly from other sources, we may find the solution here within the TV settings. To navigate here will vary between each manufacturer and model of TV. You'll find this information available from Sony's website by having your TV model number to hand.

An important section to look for within your TV's settings is the audio format being used. The Soundbar 500 supports Dolby Digital, but do let us know what options you're presented with. I've had a look at the Sony support site, and found this article for how to navigate to the sound interface on the system. Try adjusting the settings to see how this impacts your playback experience. Should this make no difference, it would be interesting to also try swapping the HDMI cable in place of an Optical cable. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.