Jramirez1918
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Soundbar 500 Sound Cuts Out

I have the Soundbar 500 and the companion bass module.  They sound great and I’ve been really happy with them for several months.  Over the last few weeks though it has been cutting out periodically.  It’s just for a second or even less so I miss a word or phrase but it is extremely distracting and results in the sound getting out of sync with the tv.

My TV is a UN60J6200

I use an Apple TV A1842, the 4K version

The Apple TV is about 3 feet from the soundbar.

14 REPLIES 14
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundbar 500 Sound Cuts Out

Hello Jramirez1918, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem whilst using your Soundbar 500 and Bass Module. 

Does this happen when listening to all sources? (Bluetooth, TV, Bose Music streaming)

My first recommendation would be to reset the soundbar and bass module.

Soundbar:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Bass Module:

1. Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  4. Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

Let me know if this makes a change at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jramirez1918
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

It has definitely improved things but it still happens a bit.  Would I be likely to see some improvement if I used an optical cable?  HDMI output doesn’t seem to be an option on my TV.

Jessie_O

Hi Jramirez1918, 

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I'm glad to hear that the troubleshooting has improved your situation. 

If your happy to do so, I would recommend trying the optical cable just to see if this helps your scenario. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

How is your soundbar connected now if not by HDMI or optical?

cindylee1162
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Soundbar 500 sound cuts out.

About every 7 minutes the sound there will be a skip and then another skip about 3 seconds later.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 sound cuts out.

Hello cindylee1162,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Soundbar 500, I would be more than happy to assist you with this today. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested in this post previously? Have you noticed this is happening with all sources or just select sources? How are you connected to the Soundbar? Have you checked whether the Soundbar is up to date? You can find out how to do this HERE.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

cornishdave
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

Different unit but I had same issue with my lifestyle 650, can you switch sources when it happens, set some music playing and see if it does the same. If the fault occurs then get in touch with Bose to return it. If the fault only occurs with tv it could be a hdmi related problem, worth trying an optical lead in the meanwhile to see if that sorts it. Hope this helps 

drewcampbell
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Same exact issue here too! It is driving me insane! 

Content playing from Apple TV 4K

Optical audio out from my 75 inch LG LED 4K TV (2019 model) to the soundbar

Jeff_G

Hello drewcampbell, 

Thank you for getting in touch via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundbar 500 cutting out. 

With regards to your issue, do you have an automatic audio format option on your television? The TV may potentially be sending signals that an audio format has changed, which causes the changeover which coincides with the audio dropouts. This will be more common during commercial breaks when watching content. 

As a means of testing, I would also recommend checking with a different TV and media devices to see if the issue persists. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G