Re: Soundbar 500 automatically disconnects and switches back to TV speakers
Thank you for your reply
- TV - Sharp Roku LC-65LBU591C
- Soundbar 500 connected via the TV-HDMI ARC port. Optical Audio is not used.
- Soundbar Firmware 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35
- Bose Surround (Rear) speakers
As suggested, I performed the CEC (On/Alternate) test. I got the same result.
Observations and tests performed
- No set time before the soundbar drops it’s audio. It may be 30 seconds or 30 minutes.
- When the signal is lost the white light will flash. When finished flashing, pressing the power button on the bar or rebooting the system will restore the sound for the undetermined time.
- Tried using the optical connection with 2 different cables but did not get sound. Did not investigate further.
- Reset the soundbar to factory and started from scratch
- Disabled WiFi
- Test ran WiFi through a VPN
- Test ran CAT5 cable from soundbar to router (LAN).
- Needless to say I have rebooted all equipment several times.
The sound is great when it works. I have decided to hold off on buying the Bass unit as I am now uncertain with the stability of the system as a whole. Over many years, I have been a loyal BOSE user, however, I cannot say that I am still.
Please resolve this issue.