Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Re: Soundbar 500 automatically disconnects and switches back to TV speakers

Keith,

Thank you for your reply

My Setup

• TV - Sharp Roku LC-65LBU591C
  • Soundbar 500 connected via the TV-HDMI ARC port.  Optical Audio is not used. 
  • Soundbar Firmware 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35
  • Bose Surround (Rear) speakers

As suggested, I performed the CEC (On/Alternate) test.  I got the same result.  

Observations and tests performed

• No set time before the soundbar drops it’s audio. It may be 30 seconds or 30 minutes. 
  • When the signal is lost the white light will flash.  When finished flashing, pressing the power button on the bar or rebooting the system will restore the sound for the undetermined time.
  • Tried using the optical connection with 2 different cables but did not get sound.  Did not investigate further.
  • Reset the soundbar to factory and started from scratch
  • Disabled WiFi 
  • Test ran WiFi through a VPN
  • Test ran CAT5 cable from soundbar to router (LAN).  
  • Needless to say I have rebooted all equipment several times.  

The sound is great when it works.  I have decided to hold off on buying the Bass unit as I am now uncertain with the stability of the system as a whole.  Over many years, I have been a loyal BOSE user, however, I cannot say that I am still. 

Please resolve this issue. 

Thank you,

Highlighted

Hi DcCanda, 

Thank you for coming back to us with this information, it is very helpful!

Can you tell me if you get the same issue with your Bluetooth audio as well as the TV? 

I would recommend toggling the same CEC settings on your TV. This is normally located in the general settings of your TV. With lots of TV manufactures, they have renamed this setting. I believe on Sharpe TV's this has been renamed as AQUOS or AQUOS Link. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Bluetooth Audio has been on now for 2 hours without interruption.  

I cannot see the CEC link on my TV.  

S/PDIF and ARC (Auto Detect) is selected in the Audio setup. 

• PCM - Stereo
  • Dolby Digital
  • Dolby Digital Plus
  • Dolby Digital, DTS
  • Dolby Digital Plus, DTS

Under Systems: 

Control other devices (CEC) - The 1st 2 are selected 

• ARC (HDMI 1)
  • System Audio Control
  • 1-Touch Play
  • System Standby

Highlighted

Hi DcCanda, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Thank you for this information! I would recommend deselecting ARC (HDMI 1) and seeing if this improves your issue. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

When I deselect ARC (HDMI 1) I lose the sound feed to the soundbar.  And yes, I did a reboot. 

I am willing to try anything to fix this but I am not optimistic

Highlighted

Hello dcCanada,

Sorry that this did not help. 

The next steps I would recommend would be to reset the HDMI handshake between the soundbar and the TV. This can be achieved by following these steps:

1. Unplug both the TV and Soundbar from power and wait 30 seconds.

2. Plug in the Soundbar. Wait for it to reboot and select the TV source.

3. Plug in the TV.

4. Retest the system

Let me know how this goes for you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Hi dcCanada, I'm not sure if you saw my previous reply to your question but I highly recommend you speak with someone over the phone at Bose Customer Support. If your problem was like mine than something is likely faulty with your soundbar. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

It worked for 5 minutes. I believe it must be a hardware issue and I will be calling customer service to organize a return.  Until then, if there are any other tests, I am willing to try.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I've been having the same issues and it's been going on for the past several months.. I've tried everything suggested here so far.

I have the Bose soundbar 500 hooked up to a Sony Bravia via HDMI. Yes, I've switched the cable to a different brand new HDMI cable as well as an optical cable. I've hooked it to WiFi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet all with the same result. I've taken the unit back to the store where I got it, they kept the unit for three weeks and said there's nothing wrong with it and won't help me further. 

I've reset both the soundbar and tv several times but still drops sound. If I can't take it back to the store how do I get this problem resolved? When I purchased the unit I did buy 2 year warranty but since they say there's nothing wrong they won't replace the unit.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Benweat00
It sounds like the same problem.  I contacted the online support and they arranged courier pickup after they confirmed that it was still under warranty.  They replaced the unit without question.  Another user suggested I take this step and I am grateful.  Bose must realize that this is a widespread problem.

I hope you too are successful  

...dc