Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Soundbar 500 - blinking white light

I have recently received the above and all is working fine.

However, i now have a white blinking light on the left hand side of the soundbar. It seems to blink for no reason, however, if i mute/unmute the soundbar the blinking stops.

Does anybody know what the soundbar is trying to do?

Thanks 

Ian

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 - blinking white light

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to help. 

When do you get this flashing LED? Is it every time your soundbar turns on?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hello

Thanks for getting back to me.

No its not everytime, it seems to be first time its switched on each day.

Switch tv / soundbar on and then all of a sudden i notice the flashing led.

Ian

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Ashton,

Do you disconnect your soundbar from power each night, before returning to it again the following day? When reconnected to power, the LED on the front left of the speaker will flash white to display that it is powering on. 

Does the flashing LED impact audio playback, or is it just visual? Could you describe what you see when this happens?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi

Thanks for the response....no the soundbar is always connected to power, just switches on and off when the tv is switched on and off.

It doesnt impact on sound or playback just a flashing light.

I was more just interested in why it was doing it.

Cheers

Ian

Highlighted

To help us work out what the soundbar is trying to tell you, when you see this flashing light, which of these statuses is closest to what you are seeing?

Knowing exactly what the light is doing would be really helpful to get to the bottom of this with you, so please do let us know!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I see same blinking white too, my sound bar also connected to Alexa , I am not sure if this is something to do with Alexa , functionally it works fine but blinking light is annoying, it seems want tell you something 😁