Simondm31
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Soundbar 500 can’t pair universal remote

Hi people,

hope you can help me. Our dog chewed our remote for our soundbar 500 so I bought a universal remote and it says to download the app etc and scan for your speaker but I can’t turn the speaker on because I don’t have a remote and the soundbar doesn’t have an on/off switch or button

any help would be grateful

kind regards Simon

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Soundbar 500 can’t pair universal remote

Hi Simon, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with pairing your remote control, I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can. 

I would recommend trying the following steps to manually pair your remote to your Soundbar 500:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Simondm31
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Thank you for your advice. I got the model wrong, sorry I have a soundbar 300 which has no buttons at all. 

if you can give me any advice that would be great

thanks 

simon

Tegan_M

That is no problem at all Simon. We'd love to help. 

Which universal remote did you purchase? 

The SoundTouch 300 can receive IR commands from other remotes, therefore no setting changes are required.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Simondm31
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

It the Bose universal remote

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this. 

If this is the Bose Universal Remote in reference, this will not be compatible with your SoundTouch 300. 

On our USA website this currently isn't available to provide you with a direct link, however you will require a SoundTouch Soundbar Universal Remote. I have issued a product image of this below. 

ST300 REMOTE.jfif

For purchase, please reach out to your local support team. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Do let me know if I have misunderstood at all. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!