Oskar1221
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Soundbar 500 lose TV sound

My soundbar randomly loses sound from the TV. I reset the soundbar and still no sound. The Bluetooth works fine and the HDMI arc shows it's connected but still no sound. I also unplug both the soundbar and TV but still NO SOUND. Anyone have an answer??
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 lose TV sound

In my experience seems most likely to be proble with sound output from TV. Depending on model check HDMI output is on best / optimum output setting for your soundbar. eg Dolby/ variants/pcm etc etc. Try different settings to see which works best . In my case with Samsung TV it is neo 2.5.

Hello Oskar1221,

Thank you for your comment, I am very sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, but I would love to help.

I have issued a useful video THROUGH THIS LINK which explains HDMI ARC also including some troubleshooting steps that you may find useful in this circumstance. 

I would also suggest seeing if you have any luck using an optical connection to your TV opposed to HDMI. 

I would also agree with What BrianJP has stated above and check the audio output settings within your TVs menu to see if this provides any improvements.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Oskar1221
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2019

I had to troubleshoot 2 weeks after making this post and it works fine. But one week later (today) the troubleshoot is not working. Is this sound at faulty? I shouldn’t have to troubleshoot every 2 weeks

Hi Oskar1221, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that your issue has returned. 

Can you please let me know if the issue persists on both Optical as well as HDMI? Also does the issue occur across all sources? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B