Did you mean: 
sandeepsandy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Re: Soundbar 500 stuck in update mode

Hi, 

I tried 1 & 3, and It didn't HELP.

Point no: 2, I don't see the AUX button so not sure how to perform this step. 

I even tried from the remote, press, and hold the Power button and Skip forward button for 5 seconds, this didn't HELP, I thought the issue is with remote batteries and I replaced with new batteries but still, the bar isn't responding to remote. 

I tried connecting Ethernet as well so it can help to update quickly. 

It's very very frustrating for three days, no use of buying a pricey item, there are better products in the market for better prices without any hassle. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone can address the issue.

Thanks!

Harneet
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Try chatting with Bose support on SMS. I did and they ultimately said it's a firmware issue and sent a UPS label to mail the soundbar in so they can fix it. No charge.

sandeepsandy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Can you give me the contact number to chat with support?

I sent a message to ***4695278 and didn't get any response.

Harneet
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

They are slow to respond. What should've been a 10 minute exchange happened over the course of 30 hours for me. If I were you I would type out all the things you tried and copy and paste that to them once they respond to eliminate them suggesting those solutions again.

User-4de1d
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I have the same problem trying to update on the internet cable but i have no idea if he is connected to the internet cable as soon as you plug it in or when the update is done cause no light on this thing only when i press a button that’s it.

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You need to change your user name and stop posting profanity.

mdotillini
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Soundbar 500 stuck in update in app

Recently purchased a soundbar 500, base module 500 and surround speakers.  I'm trying to update the soundbar through the bose music app.  Its been installing the update for 30 minutes.  Is this normal?  Do I need to restart?  I've tried to add the module while this is updating but I do not see a setup option for the base module under the new product setup selection.  Please advise.  Thanks!

arwindraj@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Re: Sound bar 500 update

My Bose Soundbar 500 is stuck on update. 

Bose Team you are suggesting to press volume - and AUX button but where the hack is AUX button on Bose bar remote? I dont see any such button. Please write details instruction with picture if possible.

arwindraj@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

My Bose Soundbar 500 is stuck on update. 

Bose Team you are suggesting to press volume - and AUX button but where the hack is AUX button on Bose bar remote? I dont see any such button. Please write details instruction with picture if possible.

Sam_F

Hey arwindraj,

It's recommended to try the steps listed in this thread already, to try to bring a different response from your system. Therefore, simply try the following:

1) Resetting the soundbar, by disconnecting it from power for two minutes.

2) If the soundbar isn't showing the scrolling white light, but the app is saying 'Speaker Updating', try logging out then back into your Bose Music app.

Let me know if you try either of those steps and what you find.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!