Soundbar 500 turning off TV at random intervals

Silent Starter

Soundbar 500 turning off TV at random intervals

We got this new soundbar and ever since the TV will turn off at random intervals for no reason. We have checked sleep modes on the soundbar and the TV and they are set to not turn off, so why is this happening. I want to disable this.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundbar 500 turning off TV at random intervals

Hi @gcrane,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your TV turning off here, and would be happy to try and figure out why this is happening.

If you are connected via a HDMI cable and the CEC settings on your TV is enabled, then it is very likely that the signal for "Power" is being passed through both the TV and the Soundbar, meaning they will turn on and off in sync.

However, as you have already checked the auto-off settings for both the Soundbar and the TV, it would be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the power signal.

As such, can I suggest that you check your "power-sync" or "CEC" settings on the TV and disable these to see if the issue persists then?

Alternatively, can swap over from the HDMI cable to an optical cable to see if you continue to have these issues?

Please let me know how this goes!

Warm Regards,

Liam_W - Community Support

Silent Starter

We have found an HDMI CEC setting within the app and have disabled it. However now, the speaker being active is sporatic, and there is no haptic feedback as to when the speaker is active, meaning it's hard for us to diagnose why the speak is suddenly not operating.

So it's no longer turning off the TV with it, but now we cannot control when the speaker is actually turned on when switching from Antenna TV and Netflix.

Highlighted

Hi Gcrane, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. I am very sorry to hear that this issue is still persisting, however I would love to help you get this resolved. 

Firstly I would like to recommend performing a product reset on the Soundbar. This can be done by:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I would also recommend turning the HDMI CEC option to Alternative on both of the Soundbar and TV instead of off to see if this has a different result.

Please also attempt to use a different power outlet to ensure that this is not the issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Silent Starter

I have found the related HDMI CEC setting in the TV, under EasyLink. This may have been causing the speaker to lose signal or power both devices off on power off.

Trying to then re-setup the device is problematic. Most cases, product activation will fail in 80% of cases.

It seems to be a bit more seemless with EasyLink on. But we don't want the TV input to be switched to the Bose speaker everytime we turn the TV on. How can this part be turned off.

Hi gcrane,

Thank you for your response. 

I'm not sure I have understood your request. You do not always want the sound from your TV to play through the Soundbar? 

In this case, you would have to do this manually each time you wanted to switch.

If I have misunderstood, I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G