ariesmonkey
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Soundbar 500

I have tried all the methods on the website to connect the soundbar to my phone/tablet but nothing is working. Is there anything else I can do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500

Hello Ariesmonkey, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! 

Let's get this sorted for you. There are a few ways we can connect a phone or tablet to the Soundbar 500. We can connect via the Bose Music app or via Bluetooth. The Bose Music app is available on all Apple and Android devices running iOS 10.3.3/ Android 5.1 or newer. In terms of Bluetooth, the soundbar supports Bluetooth 4.0 and A2DP, AVRCP, BLE Bluetooth pairing profiles. Now that we know this, we are going to want to ensure that the devices you are using are compatible with these pairing profiles. You can check this with the manufacturer of your device if you are unsure.

I would like to confirm a few things with you to get a better picture of what is happening and work together to come to a resolution. 

• What devices are you trying to connect to the system? 
  • What connection method are you using? I would recommend trying both so that we can pinpoint where the issue is. 
  • Is this your first time setting up the soundbar? 
  • Can you get any audio from the soundbar at all? 
  • What light pattern is the LED display showing on the front of the device? 

I look forward to your reply. If you need anything clarifying, do let me know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.