Highlighted
Befort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Soundbar 700 Disconnecting - ARC Issues

I have just bought the Soundbar 700 and for the first three days, it was fantastic. Great sound and overall experience.

It suddenly wouldn’t play audio from the TV and I found that the issue was fairly common and perhaps related to other HDMI connections tripping up the TVs system.

I followed the suggested process to reconnect (factory reset, power down unit and TV, remove other HDMI connections and reinstall everything). It worked and resolved the connection issue for exactly 48hrs.

Tonight I am faced with the same issues and it’s driving me mad. The problem is compounded by the fact that my TV is wall mounted so every time I need to unplug the TV and remove the HDMI, it’s a very delicate and laborious task. I do not want to be doing this every other day.

My TV is a Samsung UA55HU8500 and the firmware is up to date. I have previously had another soundbar (not a Samsung) so I don’t buy the story that the issue is with my TV. Everything else has worked fine before this (inc a Denon receiver based home theatre package with ARC).

I also have a Chromecast Ultra connected into the TV via HDMI (not the ARC port).

Can someone please advise me what I am supposed to do? The solution needs to allow me the use of my Chromecast as that’s a non-negotiable.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundbar 700 Disconnecting - ARC Issues

Hi Befort, 

Thanks for posting and making us aware of your issue. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

I would recommend checking out this video here for some great troubleshooting steps as well as an easy setup guide. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Befort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your response.

The video details the same process that I have followed twice now to fix the ARC issue. Unplugging and disconnecting everything is not a viable solution to this problem - if the problem persists.

I do not want to use optical as I will need to manually select the audio format depending on the source. In fact, the reason I selected the Bose over the Sonos Playbar was because Bose has HDMI and the Playbar doesn’t.

Can you advise if other people that have experienced this issue continue to experience it or does it usually only last a short time?

Does Bose have a plan on how to prevent this happening in the future? Is there a firmware update coming that will resolve the problem?

If the issue isn’t resolved by next week, I’ll be returning the unit as a faulty device and ensuring I receive a full refund (not because of a change of mind).

Hi Befort, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. This isn't something that I see very often and is usually resolved via troubleshooting. 

Have you attempted to adjust the CEC settings inside the Bose Music App to see if this has any effect? This can be done via opening the Bose Music App > Settings > Advanced CEC > Off or Alternate. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SH71
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

I think ARC is a common problem with Samsung tv’s not sure what causes it, but it’s not only with Bose products.

i would be changing the tv setting for speakers output back to tv speakers and then to hdmi arc as sometimes toggling this can solve the issue.

Ben L
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I’m having exactly the same issue and have seen it posted several times elsewhere with the same temporary fix being suggested.

Tired of powering everything down and up again to make it work.

szortman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Same Exact with me.  Works great and then stops without any changes by me.