Soundbar 700 Getting Alexa to play music from Iphone Music Play List

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700 Getting Alexa to play music from Iphone Music Play List

Having set up my soundbar 700, base 700 and surrounds, is there a way to get Alexa to play a playlist from my iphone music app?

Do I need to configure the soundbar or the alexa app on iphone or some combination of both?

5 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar 700 Getting Alexa to play music from Iphone Music Play List

Hi LawrenceKing,

Thanks for writing in!

The only music services you can use with Alexa will be based on what Alexa supports in the region.  I would recommend looking into the Alexa settings and seeing what you can set as a source of music like Spotify or Pandora.  To play locally stored music on a mobile device, you would have to initiate a Bluetooth connection to the new Smart Home speakers. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Ok- Tony A - Community Support- So how do you go about this? On Bose soundbar 700 "To play locally stored music on a mobile device, you would have to initiate a Bluetooth connection to the new Smart Home speakers." Help

Hi Dynyyce,

Thanks for writing in!

To initiate a Bluetooth connection, you can use either the Bose universal remote or the Bose Music app.  The LED bar should be pulsing blue during first time setup of Bluetooth and from here, it should appear in your mobile device's Bluetooth list to be selected as wireless speaker.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Awesome that worked perfectly. Thanks a lot Tony A! Now it gets 10 out of 10 stars in my book! 👍😃👍
Silent Starter

Thank you so much, works brilliantly, just loving getting all my playlists through my soundbar