Highlighted
bkc1980
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC NOT working with Samsung TV

Hi,

I have bought SOundbar 700 with bass module and surround speakers couple of months back. Initial set up was successful and it was working until a week and half back, when it suddenly stopped transmitting sound from my Samsung TV to the soundbar. I tried a lot based on other similar forum discussion, but it is still not working from the TV.

The soundbar works with bluetooth, it just does NOT p;lay any sound from the tv. My universal remote has been another nightmare to set up. NOw it is not even paired and when i try to re-add the soundbar on the app, the soundbar is not found. I am stuck and do not now what to do with this expensive system that we bought to watch movies on the TV.

What i tried:

1) Unseating the hdmi-arc from both soundbar and tv

2) power off the tv, Un-plug everything from the tv...then connect the tv first and then the soundbar

3) Tried connecting using Optical cable

TV details: 

1) model code: QN75Q8FNB

2) software version: T-KTM2AKUC-1270.6, BT-S

-----> was there a firmware update recently that messed up my soundbar?? 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC NOT working with Samsung TV

Hello bkc1980,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your Soundbar 700, this is absolutely something I would be able to help you out with today. You have already tried some great troubleshooting, it's a shame it has not helped. Next, I recommend pushing a manual update to the Soundbar, you can find out how to do that HERE.

When you tried an optical connection what was the result?

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Ivar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

I have the same issue with the same setup, a Samsung TV and Bose 700 soundbar connected via HDMI ARC. It was working at least more than 6 months until the very end of June 2019 without any issues. 

Not sure exactly when (I don't use it much myself) but I just discovered Bose is not used at all by TV. 

No cables are changed, everything has stayed as it was. The TV still reports as Bose on the HDMI ARC.

I tried also reconnecting as explained in the first message with no luck either.

So I'm leaning towards the software update as culprit. the thing is - I bought the Bose soundbar for certain function and it was clearly working fine. So, is it possible to choose a working firmware and stop the updates? I still need the internet connection to be plugged in for internet radio.

My current Bose Firmware is reported as: 5.0.14-7264+5d50672

Before trying any manual update I'd like to know whether there is any new version available (that's another thing - where can I see on Bose site what is the last firmware?).

P.S. there is another issue too but that's not at least show stopping - when switching from wireless to cable on the bass module - when switching off the bass module makes a loud "thump". When wireless, the switching off was seamless.

Hi Ivar, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this experience and appreciate you making us aware of this. 

The latest firmware for the Soundbar 700 is v5.0.14 which you are currently on, in regards to downgrading the software this isn't something that is possible as this can remove features and introduce bugs to the system. I would highly recommend that you perform a reset on the Soundbar via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Please also follow these steps above on your Bass Module to see if this resolves the thump issue that you are experiencing. Can you please attempt to use an optical connection to the Soundbar to see if you receive audio? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding these steps. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Ivar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

Thanks Hector!

I did some restarts and it came out that initially the HDMI out was even missing in the TV menu, but after the restarts the option appeared again and I got it working!

BR,

Ivar

Hi Ivar, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

You are more than welcome, I appreciate you reaching back out to us to inform us of your resolution. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Ivar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

Unfortunately I was little too optimistic - I got it working for a short time only. When turning on the TV via the TV remote the Soundbar 700 is not always responding. I'm not sure yet if it works always but looks like when using the Bose's remote to switch on the TV I got the Soundbar working with the TV. So it's still something not quite right here.

Hello Ivar, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

It sounds like the CEC function of the television is not communicating with the soundbar correctly. If you haven't already, please try switching between ON and ALTERNATE on the Advanced CEC settings on the Bose Music App. You can learn more about this here.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

bkc1980
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Zoe,

THis DID NOT work. What should I do? Have you identified the issue with samsung TVs???

dlim1113
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I also have this same problem. I paid so much for a device that can't even operate properly