andrew-burn
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC NOT working with Samsung TV

Same issues. The remote paired initially, I removed it as it would not operate the Samsung TV. Now it will not re-pair to the Sound bar.  Hence soundbar is not a soundbar at all as can not use TV as a source.  I'm using optical digital sound connection as the HDMI ARC did not work.  Come on Bose, these are expensive. Please help us.

bkc1980
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

The optical is not even working for me. It keeps saying "Speaker not found" when i change the sound destination to optical. ..so no way of connecting my tv to the soundbar 700...

Did you optical work right away?

Jeff_G

Hello bkc1980, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

When connecting the Optical, did you ensure the HDMI was removed from the Soundbar? This connection takes priority, so it could explain why you were unsuccessful in gaining a connection. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DB11
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

I’m having the same problem with my Samsung Q7F.  Optical is not an option. I’d rather continue using the TV speaker. Now I’m left with a very expensive Alexa speaker.  Bose, when are you going to update the firmware to fix this known issue connecting your Soundbar 700 to Samsung TVs via HDMI ARC? 

gtotheo4
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

This is a KNOWN issue with Bose and Samsung TVs. I have had 2x 300 and upgraded to the 700 and they both have the same issue. Bose KNOWS about the issues and there only solution will to be to use an optical. We obviously do not want to use an optical because we lose certain features. Only solution I have found is unplugging the sound bar and TV from the wall and the hdmi for about 10 seconds. Plug them back in and it will work again. It will last a few day or a few weeks and the cycle begins again. I have been dealing with this for 2 years and if I did not own several other Bose products I would of definitely switched to Sonos by now. By far superior technology that Bose continues to struggle to catch up with. Do not let them act like this is not a known issue, there are SEVERAL other post just like yours. 

Orellana_j
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Same problem just bought the 700 on Black Friday and now no sound from hdmi arc...switched to optic and I have sound but I don’t like this set up because now you can hear both tv and music at same time unless you turn tv down when switching to music

Jacie
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I am pretty sure the issue is with the Samsung TVs. I have a Yamaha receiver and Samsung Q6 and have been reading through forums for HOURS trying to find a solution; the common denominator always seems to be “Samsung TV”. This is the most recent forum I have found and still no solution 😞 A few people have written that ARC is unreliable so just don’t use it, but what else can we use to connect the receivers to the TVs?? 

ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

This is a well known and reported issue of the soundbar 700.

It is not specific to Samsung, most common brands Sony, LG do not work and this has got worst over the past few months with each new Bose firmware update .

My LG TV doesn’t work anymore with ARC but it used to when I bought the soundbar ... that was back June 2019 with firmware 4.1.1... the last working firmware with ARC for me.

On the other hand my 9 year old Sony 5.1 sound system still works perfectly fine with ARC and the same LG TV.

Martin-g-g
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

This seems to be a big issue with sound bars and TV using ARC. I have had my 700 sound bar for about 18mths and about the same time for my Samsung TV. Runs well for a few weeks then they sulk and no sound out of the soundbar from the TV. this Happens on a regular basic and the only solution is to reset the soundbar back to factory. This normally works but last time the problem was greater and had to contact the difficult to get hold of help desk who talked me through the fix. originally had a LG TV and matching 5-1 surround system this worked well and had the surround system working  on the Samsung TV for a few weeks. Bose and to some extent Samsung needs to cooperate in resolving this issue as I am on the verge of giving up and going to Sonus, but am concerned I may have the same issue here. So Bose and Samsung please sort this.

mjprob
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Hi,

If you go to Samsung community board you will see that the major problem is with the TV's HDMI Arc.

I myself experienced this problem with the HDMI ARC.

I also own Bose 5 solo which worked really well when using Optic Cable on my Samsung 4k TV

I suggest using Optic Cable on your soundbar 700.