Flustered John
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC NOT working with Samsung TV

I'm having the same issue - so frustrated with having to constantly (every week or two), try and reset everything as it's not so easy to get behind the tv.    I've just been living without the soundbar for a while. Now though what's happening is when I try to change channels on the tv, HDMI input is randomly switching over to Bose hdmi input, and I have to switch input back.  Of course I could unplug everything and have a very expensive paperweight, which would definitely improve my blood pressure, but at this point I feel I should get my money back as this product is faulty.

mjprob
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

I had same problem before and found out it was my telus box that was causing the problem. I changed to box to the new 4k uhd box and everything works fine now.  I suggest unplug everything then start with plugin the soundbar, then another piece equipment till you find which item is causing the problem. 

Soother
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

It's not Bose it's Samsung!

found this forum after my arc Samsung to Bose stopped working. Unplugged everything and worked for awhile but only a few days

Now, when it doesn't I unplug and replug the TV. Until Samsung has an update, this is the quickest solution

P J V
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2020

Same problem, have an Qled and the Bose 700, spoke yesterday with Samsung, they confirm that there are general problems with the HDMI Arc system, not only for Samsung. They went into my Samsung with remote management and had an reset for the HDMI Arc. It now works again, but the arrogance of a company like Samsung, it is not their problem. Now hoping that the system remains working.

Dhmehta
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

My soundbar 700 and tv (Samsung) are connected via hdmi and it does show on the app.

at first or worked well where the audio would come from soundbar but now I am unable to get audio from soundbar. It only

comes from tv. I’ve tried resetting connections, unplugged the system but unable to get audio from soundbar. If I play any of the channels on Bose music app it plays audio from soundbar.

Using universal remote is difficult. I have synced it with tv but doesn’t work well. Please help figure out how to get audio from soundbar.

aggravated kara
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Same issue; have not tried the optical option. Frustrations with the app and the remote are enough not to make me even bother unless someone can definitely identify if there is a problem with HDMI ARC between Bose 700 and Samsung TVs and how to resolve the issue. Countdown started for a return since I purchased the soundbar from Amazon.

Rooster2638
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2021

After following many of the other instructions to get the bose 700 soundbar working with my samsung tv I instructed my tv to turn on the soundbar when it turns on. Wait a few seconds for the soundbar to warm up and then turn the volume up. Bingo it worked.

belmont
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2021

Have been using my Soundbar 700 system (sub + surround speakers) with my Samsung Q8DT series TV happily since Dec 2020 until last weekend when the TV stopped recognizing the ARC input as an option.  Had been listening to music, then switched to TV like many times before but had issues this time.  Did a clean reinstall of the Bose system which got it to provide TV sound, but independently of the TV though.  That's when I read about all the issues folks have been having.

Before embarking on what could've been a lengthy science experiment, I decided to try something simple.  I unplugged AC power to the TV, and plugged it back in and voila, ARC source is recognized again and all is good!  Crossing my fingers that this is as bad as it gets for my setup.