Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 Multichannel PCM

Actually it doesn’t I just bought it and did intensive testing I have a PS4 pro, Nintendo switch and Apple TV 4K, my tv is an LG C9 wich is updated to the latest firmware wich was the lpcm update, I can confirm to you that lpcm doesn’t work for more than 2.0 on the soundbar 700, sub 700 and surround 700 you can clearly hear it go to 2.0 this bar sounds absolutely incredible but this is a big letdown for me I really don’t think the earc is doing anything there....question is will Bose add multi channel pcm? (Lpcm) because right now my PS4 pro connected via hdmi in to my SoundTouch 300 sounded better...since you guys removed the hdmi in port you should add LPCM to compensate for this...same thing with Nintendo switch wich I can’t play surround at all...and the Apple TV 4K that forces me to Dolby digital.....sigh I love this bar really didn’t want to return it but if I’m spending this money I want future proof at least I don’t really care about atmos but lpcm was needed...

Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Any updates on this, as I can confirm that the Soundbar is not supporting Multi Channel PCM. I also own a LG CX (with eARC) and searched almost the whole internet to find this thread here. I am also stuck on some audio lags e.g in the PlayStation or on the Apple TV‘s main menue when on PCM / linear PCM. 

Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi there, @elliotng

Thank you for your post! 

Regarding your query, I can confirm that the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 both support LPCM 5.1.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

@Jessie_O has something changed? I had a very long conversation with @Keith_L at the beginning of this year and in the end, he verified with me what formats the SB500 & SB700 supported:

"The Soundbar 700 can support DTS 5.1, DD 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 audio formats. The Soundbar 500 does not support DTS, but does support DD 5.1 and LPCM 2.0. This is the same for both optical and HDMI inputs."

Please let us know if there has been an update that has added LPCM 5.1 support.

Hey @Neons/night, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I can confirm that the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 both support LPCM 5.1. This was confirmed by the product team. 

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Jessie_O wrote:

I can confirm that the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 both support LPCM 5.1. This was confirmed by the product team. 

Then @Jessie_O can you talk to @Keith_L and let us know if thing have changed due to an update or if one of you was misinformed because as recently as June in this very thread Keith was saying:

Currently, the Soundbar 700 is capable of supporting DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, and LPCM 2.0 as audio formats. So at the moment, it would not support higher numbers of channels through PCM.

Because there is quite a bit of miscommunication going on right now. If there was an update that added this feature, can you let us know which one added LPCM 5.1?

Hey NeonsNight,

Thanks for your message. To clear this up for you, the Soundbar 700 does support LPCM 5.1, when using an eARC connection. This has been something the soundbar has supported since launch, not something that has been added as part of an update.

I do apologize that the information provided in our previous conversation on this was incorrect, and I've updated the previous posts that say otherwise. Thanks for bringing the conflicting information to our attention.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Keith_L wrote:

Hey NeonsNight,

Thanks for your message. To clear this up for you, the Soundbar 700 does support LPCM 5.1, when using an eARC connection. This has been something the soundbar has supported since launch, not something that has been added as part of an update.

I do apologize that the information provided in our previous conversation on this was incorrect, and I've updated the previous posts that say otherwise. Thanks for bringing the conflicting information to our attention.

Can you guys please just give us a straight and correct answer the first time around 🤦‍♂️ 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

What....has supported since launch? Then why isn’t on the supported formats page? I just bought it last month and I tried it with the PS4 pro, Nintendo switch and Apple TV 4K on my LG C9 and LPCM was NOT supported that’s why I returned it I couldn’t get surround on the Nintendo switch, and I actually get LPCM on my SoundTouch 300 if I connect the consoles and ATV to the hdmi in. This is a mess everyone gives a different answer....it’s a great sounding soundbar though I just wanted more future proofing for the money