T22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Soundbar 700 Remote backlight

The backlight on my Soundbar 700 remote only stays on for a few seconds before turning off - usually before I have figured out what I’m doing! Can this be set to stay on longer?

thanks

tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote backlight

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hello basljh@gmail.com,

Thanks very much for posting. At this time the backlight timeout period is fixed and cannot be changed. We have had feedback from other users about this and have shared it with the Development team. If there are any changes to this function, we will share it with you here on the Community.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

22 REPLIES 22
basljh@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I have exactly the same problem.  Any advice Bose?? Can the remote backlight timeout be altered?

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hello basljh@gmail.com,

Thanks very much for posting. At this time the backlight timeout period is fixed and cannot be changed. We have had feedback from other users about this and have shared it with the Development team. If there are any changes to this function, we will share it with you here on the Community.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

basljh@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Disappointing, the timeout is way too fast considering the characters are hidden without the backlight. This is an oversight in design, it should be customizable through the app.

Spider Pig
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Is there an update on this thread yet? Just purchased this and would be good to have. Also,I have a sub woofer acoustical 5 wired to my Cambridge amp and network player. Is there a way to pipe the subwoofer output from the sound bar to the acoustimass 5 sub woofer module?

Hello Spider Pig! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Congratulations on your new soundbar!! That feature request has gotten a lot of feedback. There is no new information regarding the backlight time except that it has been reported to development and is being evaluated. The Soundbar 700 is not compatible with the Acoustimass 5 system and is not able to output to that bass module. The Bass Module 500 or 700 are the only bass units that are compatible.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Any news on the backlight issue?

Regards

Hi Drigga,

Thanks for the post.

There's no information regarding extending the backlight length.  We will update when we hear anything.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

speedfreek
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Any updates?

dfwstarsfan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

Disappointed and annoyed. Didn’t Quality Control anticipate that this problem would not sit well with consumers?