Soundbar 700 and Alexa

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700 and Alexa

Have already posted similar topic but it seems to have got lost. I have Sound bar 700 plus bass and surround speakers. Have set up ok apart from 2 issues.
First it will not connect to Alexa via music app . The app just stalls and fails to connect to Amazon to confirm my account. Also I cannot authorise any of the additional music services. Again the app just does nothing when trying to do this. I have tried everything I can including resetting soundbar reinstalling app rebooting wifi router and power cycling everything. It's almost like I'm being denied access because I'm in the wrong country. Anyone have any answers.
I would ask Bose but I have just spent most of the day on and off with them on whatsapp trying to find out where an item I ordered is and almost lost the will to live.!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundbar 700 and Alexa

HI BrianJP,

Thanks for the info!

We have seen an issue like this before with Samsung devices defaulting to the Samsung browser.

Can we try changing your default browser on your mobile devices to another such as Chrome?

You can do this by going to "Settings" on your Android devices, then select Apps & Notifications, choose "Advanced" at the bottom, tap "Default Apps" and choose Chrome browser app.

Once that has been done, please try again and let us know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

5 REPLIES

Hello BrianJP,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We're sorry to see you're unable to get your Alexa account added to the Bose Music app, but I'd be happy to help.

• What devices have you tried with Bose Music app? Make, models and software versions
  • Are you setting this up in a home or business?
  • What's the make and model of your router and any access points you may have?

Let us know the results so we can assist further.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi
Am using Samsung Galaxy S9 with Android version 9 software and Samsung Tab A6 with Android 8.1.0 software
The set up is st home and the router is a BT HUB6 with wifi and ethernet access.

HI BrianJP,

Thanks for the info!

We have seen an issue like this before with Samsung devices defaulting to the Samsung browser.

Can we try changing your default browser on your mobile devices to another such as Chrome?

You can do this by going to "Settings" on your Android devices, then select Apps & Notifications, choose "Advanced" at the bottom, tap "Default Apps" and choose Chrome browser app.

Once that has been done, please try again and let us know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Eureka!
It worked. Have now managed to sign into to Amazon for Alexa and also to add Amazon music .
Many thanks

Hi BrainJP,

That's great to hear!!!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support