Slballas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Soundbar 700 and bass module popping

I have a Soundbar 700 and an “Acoustimass 300 Bass Module 700” that are connected wirelessly. I consistently get a popping noise from the bass module. My research online indicates that this is due to wireless signal interference and that connecting the soundbar and bass module via an auxiliary cable will eliminate the problem.

I connected them with an aux cable, but I cannot figure out how to get the two devices to connect through the cable rather than through wireless. I ran the ADAPTiQ system again, but the popping persists. So, I’m assuming it is still connected wirelessly.

I looked up how to do a factory reset online (page 53 - https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/bose_...), but my remote is not the same as the one in the manual. My remote does not have a skip forward button. My remote only has:
Power
Source
TV input
Music
TV
Bluetooth
Directional arrows
Circle/enter
Volume up/down
And a few upraised bumps that are not labeled.

Please advise on how I can get the soundbar and bass module to connect via an aux cable. The popping sound makes using the bass module very annoying.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundbar 700 and bass module popping

Author Accepted Answer selected by Slballas

Hi @Slballas , welcome to the Community!

I understand the frustration that this issue would cause, and am glad to hear that you have already researched this to try and resolve this.

My first suggestion is to manually remove the Soundbar from the Bose Music app. This can be done by selecting your product from the app, tapping the image of the product in the bottom right of the screen, and then selecting "Settings". From "Settings", please select "Accessory Speakers" , then select to remove this Bass Module. 

Following this, please reconnect the cable to the Bass Module and test this once more!

If this doesn't work, or if you have already tried this, we would need to get the remote control up and running to reset this.

If your remote does not display the same LED's as the manual, this will either be because not all the LED's are activated (these are activated when the Universal remote is setup through the app), or that you are using a different remote entirely.

Please see the image to follow for how the remote looks, and please let me know if this is definitely not your remote.

If this is the correct remote and the LED's are not lit, there are 2 ways to correct this:

The first method is to go to the Bose Music app, and set this up to control the TV. When the TV icon is then pressed, this will display the LED's related to that source as indicated below, where you will then be able to perform the factory reset, and connect this up this way.

The alternate method would be to use the following photo as a guide and perform the factory reset anyway, as all the buttons are still there and active, but not lit up. The buttons are the power button and skip forward button, and will need to be held for 5 seconds until light bar pulses white twice, then fades to black.

When the factory reset has been performed, please go back to adding this Soundbar as if it were the first setup by selecting the "+" icon on the app home screen, and searching for the product. Part of the setup will prompt you if you would like to add any accessory speakers. Please skip this step, and when the setup process is complete, simply connect this back up via the cable.

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes or if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

9 REPLIES 9

Author Accepted Answer selected by Slballas

Hi @Slballas , welcome to the Community!

I understand the frustration that this issue would cause, and am glad to hear that you have already researched this to try and resolve this.

My first suggestion is to manually remove the Soundbar from the Bose Music app. This can be done by selecting your product from the app, tapping the image of the product in the bottom right of the screen, and then selecting "Settings". From "Settings", please select "Accessory Speakers" , then select to remove this Bass Module. 

Following this, please reconnect the cable to the Bass Module and test this once more!

If this doesn't work, or if you have already tried this, we would need to get the remote control up and running to reset this.

If your remote does not display the same LED's as the manual, this will either be because not all the LED's are activated (these are activated when the Universal remote is setup through the app), or that you are using a different remote entirely.

Please see the image to follow for how the remote looks, and please let me know if this is definitely not your remote.

If this is the correct remote and the LED's are not lit, there are 2 ways to correct this:

The first method is to go to the Bose Music app, and set this up to control the TV. When the TV icon is then pressed, this will display the LED's related to that source as indicated below, where you will then be able to perform the factory reset, and connect this up this way.

The alternate method would be to use the following photo as a guide and perform the factory reset anyway, as all the buttons are still there and active, but not lit up. The buttons are the power button and skip forward button, and will need to be held for 5 seconds until light bar pulses white twice, then fades to black.

When the factory reset has been performed, please go back to adding this Soundbar as if it were the first setup by selecting the "+" icon on the app home screen, and searching for the product. Part of the setup will prompt you if you would like to add any accessory speakers. Please skip this step, and when the setup process is complete, simply connect this back up via the cable.

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes or if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Slballas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Liam,

Thank you for your quick response. I was able to work on this today and it seems to be in good shape.

I removed the bass module through the app and plugged it in again using the cable. It seems to be playing well at the moment, but I haven’t listened to it in all situation yet (streaming video, PS4, cable TV, etc). I’ve only listened to it using my phone’s Bluetooth. I am not experiencing any popping at the moment, but if it starts again, I will let you know.

Yes, that is my remote. I opted to not reset and set up the remote again, since we just use it for volume control on the TV. However, I see that when I click the music note icon at the top left, it does show more of the LEDs, as pictured. If I decide to set it up to control everything, I will refer back to your post for those instructions.

Assuming everything stays fine, thank you for your help.
Steve
Highlighted
steich23
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Bose 700 Subwoofer making a "popping" noise and cutting on and off

I am having this issue with a "popping" sound coming from the Bose 700 subwoofer. It has happened when connecting my iPhone to the soundbar, watching regular tv, and with Pandora. This just started a couple weeks ago and is happening more frequently as time goes on. The subwoofer even cuts out and has the "popping" sound. It almost sounds like it's shorting out. I took a video when it happened if there is a way for me to send it to you. I just purchased this from Best Buy on 7/18/19. Thank you.

Allen

steich23
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Subwoofer making a "popping" noise and cutting on and off

I have read the above threads.  After removing the subwoofer and adding it again, it is still doing the same thing.  I do not think I need to connect a cable from the soundbar to the subwoofer after spending the money that I did.  There has to be a fix so I can still enjoy my system in the wireless mode.  It is still popping and cutting in and out.  Thank you. 

Allen

Hi Allen, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear the troubleshooting mentioned thus far has not resolved your issue. 

I would recommend trying the audio cable between the bass and the soundbar. This is due to the fact that it will allow us to determine if you have any interference in your listening space. If you plug the cable in and the issue is resolved, this is normally interference. If he issue remains, there could be an issue with your Bass Module. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

steich23
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Jessie O,

I purchased an aux cable and followed the instructions above.  The "popping" noise is gone.  Everything works great.  What can I do about the interference so I can get rid of the cable?  Thank you. 

Allen

Hi Allen, 

Thanks for keeping me updated.

That's great news! all we need to do now is identify which of your devices is causing your interference. 

To do this, I would recommend unplugging your AUX cable and connecting wirelessly again. Then unplug all your electrical devices in the room and plug them back in one at a time until you locate which one it is.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Ayushmahapatra
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Popping sound from bass module

My bass module 700 makes popping sound at high bass scenes. I have tried hard wiring,changing sources etc but nothing works.