Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Soundbar 700 and hd lossless audio

Hi 

Beside standard DD and DTS, Does this soundbar support Dolby TrueHD,  DTS-HD or PCM5.1 uncompressed signal form the eARC input? 
For exemple, If I watch a bluray on my ps4 will I get lossless audio or compressed DD/DTS? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 and hd lossless audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi TiStar19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

In regards to your query, the SoundBar 700 supports the audio formats Dolby Digital and DTS. 

If you are watching a Blueray through your PS4 you will experience either Dolby Digital or DTS. 

If you have further questions or anything else we can help with, please reach out to us again. We would be happy to help! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi TiStar19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

In regards to your query, the SoundBar 700 supports the audio formats Dolby Digital and DTS. 

If you are watching a Blueray through your PS4 you will experience either Dolby Digital or DTS. 

If you have further questions or anything else we can help with, please reach out to us again. We would be happy to help! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Thanks for your reply.
Just to clarify, does it mean that the Dolby TrueHD track from the bluray will play as standard Dolby Digital (lossy audio) ?
Does the soundbar accept 5.1 LPCM loseless audio? 

Highlighted

Hi TiStar19, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

You are correct, this will play as Dolby Digital. The SoundBar 700 only support DD and DTS. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O