Soundbar 700 problem with streaming audio/TV

Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700 problem with streaming audio/TV

Just hooked up a new 700 soundbar to the TV via HDMI ARC, and the soundbar turns on and off with the TV as expected. However, when the TV was off yesterday, I used the Bose Music app to play Pandora on the soundbar, which worked fine. The problem came in when I paused Pandora and powered on the TV - it no longer connected to the soundbar. I had to unplug the bar and plug it back in, then turn off the TV and turn it back on again before everything worked. I have an LG C7 if that makes a difference. 

Is this a common issue? Is it better to just stream Pandora via Bluetooth from my phone rather than using the Bose app? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Soundbar 700 problem with streaming audio/TV

Hello ckaye,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing connections issues with your Soundbar 700. I would be more than happy to try to get this resolved for you, could you please clarify what you mean by you were no longer connected to the Soundbar? Was the Soundbar removed from the app?

Could you also please tell me what firmware of the Bose Music app you are running?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Software app version is 2.1.1.

By no longer connected to the soundbar, I mean that after streaming Pandora from the app to the soundbar, when I turned my TV back on, the TV did not output sound through the soundbar. I had to power cycle the soundbar and TV to get it to work. There was never a connection issue with the app, it always showed as being connected to the soundbar.

Hello ckaye,

Thanks for letting me know, when you are turning on the TV you also need to press the TV button after; can you please give this a go. We would normally also recommend doing a product reset in situations like these, however, I know you said you have already done this; although other users with a similar issue may benefit from this process. 

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Audible Advocate

What does this mean "you also need to press the TV button after"? What TV button? I turn the TV on with my Xfinity remote, which also activates the soundbar. What other TV button should I push?

Highlighted

Hi there @ckaye , and apologies for any confusion caused.

The TV button that @Zoe_C is referring to here is the TV icon on the Soundbar 700's remote, not on your Xfinity remote.

This TV button swaps the audio source to the TV directly if this is not already playing. This is the same for the Bluetooth icon and Music note icon for Bluetooth audio and Bose Music (app) audio respectively.

As such, please let us know when you can what happens with the above!

Liam W

Audible Advocate

I'm having the same issue!  Stream music to the soundbar and then switch back to the TV and it won't work.  Had a Sonos Playbar before I got the 700 and its app had a toggle for switching from streaming music back to the TV.  You guys should look into this.

Hi GoSpeed, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Audible Advocate

I just bypassed the Bose app and streamed Pandora directly via Bluetooth from my phone and that worked, and then pushing the TV button on the Bose remote did switch it to the TV, so I think my problem is resolved.

Thanks.