Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markrosko
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2021

Soundbar 700 pumping compression issue

Hello

I have just purchased the BOSE 700 Soundbar to be used with my OLED LG TV. I have updated the software and gone through the official setup as per the app. My serial number is 

Although the overall sound is good, I am finding that the compression between mid/side is very harsh.

Picture a scene where rain drops are falling, and the actors are not talking. As soon as the actors talk, the sound of the rain instantly disappears and then and gradually builds up again in volume until someone speaks again. This is what i can best describe as a pumping compressor effect.

Much like adverts on commercial pop radio stations.

Is there a way to disable it? or better still, add a feature in the software that allows the user to choose how strong they want the compressor to work?

I have tested this with multiple sources, with dialogue mode turned on and off, and with the adaptQ calibration turn on and off.

Frustratingly I've just upgraded to the Bose from an older LG SN7C soundbar which doesn't have the compressor problem

I've also seen many forums and chats online reporting this issue specifically to Bose too.

Can you fix this with a software update?

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundbar 700 pumping compression issue

Hey @Markrosko, thanks for posting in the Bose Community!

It's great that you're enjoying the sound of your Soundbar 700. Currently, there isn't a way to adjust the sound in the way that you wish to with the compression. With this in mind, I'll be sure to pass along your comments to our development team for future consideration.

If you have any further questions, please do let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Markrosko
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 pumping compression issue

Thanks for the reply 

Unfortunately I have had no choice but to return the sound bar for full refund and I've exchanged it for a different brand. I won't mention the other brand here because it's not relevant but needless to say that the dynamics are now original to the source by default on said replacement speaker. It appears that this Soundbar 300/700 issue has been reported to Bose in previous forums labelled Auto Gain and such things, since 2019 but nothing has been done about it. Not my problem anymore 🙂

Once again, thanks for that reply.

Cheers. Mark