Highlighted
Bishop4
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Soundbar 700 remote can't configure other sources

Hi. Purchased the Soundbar 700 with base module a week ago. Had difficulty getting the bass module to stay connected to the soundbar but seem to have solved that issue. While trying to work through that problem, I did a reset of the remote.  Now I can't configure any source but the tv. After I reset the remote (down volume with left directional then select and have reset at least 2x trying to resolve problem), all 6 source buttons blink. When I open the Bose app to add the remote, my remote is still there. I deleted the remote from the app, removed the batteries and tried again. Through the app I can re-add the remote but my TV is still connected and, after adding the remote through the app, the 3rd row of sources on the remote no longer light up and "configure other sources" in the app is blank. Help! The remote was fine before reset and i just want to be able to control my cable box again with the remote. Afraid to reset anything else for fear I'll lose the bass module again. Any ideas? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 700 remote can't configure other sources

Hello Bishop4,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I understand this is frustrating for you, I am more than happy to help you out with this today. I recommend that you check out the troubleshooting on this page

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Bishop4
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Thanks Zoe.

The remote I'm trying program is the Bose remote that came with the Soundbar 700. Since hard resetting it and re-adding through the Bose app, the 2nd row of "sources" no longer lights up and the "Configure Sources" in the app is blank. I have tried hard resetting it again, removed batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled Bose app, unplugged and plugged in the Soundbar and nothing works. When I reset the Bose remote, all 6 sources light up but once I connect it to the soundbar through the app, the sources for cable, gaming and whatever the other one is, no longer light up or available to connect.  

Hi Bishop4, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! This is a very strange issue and not something that you should be experiencing with your remote. 

As you have attempted all the troubleshooting that we would recommend for an issue like this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B