Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Soundbar 700 remote navigation buttons

Hello. When I use my soundbar 700 to control the Samsung on screen menu, one click of the navigation arrow moves it on the screen twice. This has only started recently. 

Is this something that can be fixed with an upgrade. I have tried re syched the remote but it still does this.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 remote navigation buttons

Hi Boccia, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems with your remote control of your Soundbar 700. 

I would love to look into this issue with you further. So that I can get full context of this, can you please provide me with the following information.

• What TV model do you own?
  • How is your Soundbar 700 connected to your TV?
  • Do you have any other connected products to your TV and Soundbar, if so how are these connected?
  • When do you experience this double movement? Is there any pattern in when you experience this?
  • Does this occur all the time or with specific actions?

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Tegan_M Don’t bother with your generic questions and tell us when Bose will fix this new problem which was introduced with firmware 6.0.15.

This issue has been reported multiple times on the forum and is once more due to untested crappy firmware Bose is pushing to our soundbars ...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

I'm having the exact same issues on my Samsung TV. I hit any of the navigation buttons once and I get 2x the movement in the direction. Renders the device completely useless. Very disappointed.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Touchy Remote

My up/down, side to side directional arrows have suddenly started to go 2 spaces per click, making it impossible to scan options, settings, or use search options. Worked just fine at first. Any ideas in what’s happened, why, and most importantly, THE FIX? This is a Soundbar 700 universal remote BTW. 

Highlighted

Hey Paul86 and Tarheelbill, 

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the Community. Sorry to read that you are both also having this issue, let's look into this further. 

Can you both please answer the questions above from Moderator Tegan_M? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Hi Hector,

My TV is a Samsung Series 7 RU7100.

My soundbar is connected via HDMI eArc.

There are no other devices connected to the soundbar or the TV.

I haven't noticed any patter to it, yet. I only got the soundbar yesterday and straight away I'm having this issue. It doesn't always move 2x in the direction pressed, but probably 95% of the time and seemingly randomly.

It happens all the time. Doesnt matter if I'm in Netflix or on the Samsung TV menu.

Thanks,

Paul

Highlighted

Hey Paul86, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

This is something that has been raised with our development team and they are investigating this further. At this moment in time, we don't currently have any updates on this but we will update the community as soon as we do. 

Sorry that I don't have any further information on this.

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I am experiencing this issue as well when will a hot fix be released? Or an option to downgrade firmware?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Same issue here. Samsung Tv QA75Q80RAS only since last update and happens on all menus and selections. Rather annoying and until now I have spoke highly of Bose but this has been an issue for too long.