Soundbar 700 remote setup with Sony TV

SOLVED
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700 remote setup with Sony TV

How do I add Sony TV KDL-55W950B with Soundbar 700 universal remote? It tries all codes (trying to switch off tv) but none work at all. My old Gemstone Series ii remote worked well. So disappointed that the newest and more pricey model is not compatible with the TV.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundbar 700 remote setup with Sony TV

Hi prsaxena,

Thanks for the question and testing that for us.

The Soundbar 700 sends out the IR signal from the soundbar itself and not the Bose remote.

Have you contacted technical support to try the IR emitter? This can help if there is a lack of reflective surfaces in the area between your Soundbar 700 and TV.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

12 REPLIES

Hi prsaxena,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear programming your remote is not working for your TV. 

Did you try manually programming as well in the Bose Music app?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

I also have this same problem with my Sony KD-55X8000C TV. The Bose app tries to set up the remote with the TV but is unsuccessful, I try manually but it can't recognise the model number either. Please help.
Quiet Contributor

Yes i've tried the manual method. I entered KDL-55W950B as the model number. Even tried multiple combinations of this, removed hyphen (-) etc but it doesnt accept the model number and says 'we are still having trouble identifying your TV'. My soundbar is connected with ARC HDMI port. I also have Spectrum TV satellite box which works well with the remote. Only having trouble with Sony TV and PS4. But please address Sony TV issue first, PS4 not important right now.

Puneet

Hi all,

Thanks for trying that! 

Since the remote database is in the cloud it could be a communication issue with the servers.  Can we try and reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 1 minute and trying the advanced setup method again?

One more thing to note is the remote control does not have IR blasters built into it.  The remote sends the command to the soundbar and from here the soundbar sends the IR command to the TV.  I would recommend checking to see if anything may be obstructing the IR command and if so, you may need to reach out to your local support team for an IR emitter.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Sure i'll try that and let you know. Is there any database where we can check all accpetable model numbers from Sony? If that information is available that would help. We will know if we are typing the model number right.

Silent Starter

Thanks for the info. The advanced method now recognises my Sony model number and says it is connected, however the only button that works is the power button. No other buttons control the TV.
Quiet Contributor

After resetting it did recognize the code and says connected to my TV however it still doesn’t work. The power button works though, but that is the main power button that even switches off the soundbar.
Can you tell me how the soundbar sends IR signals to TV? I want to check if something might be blocking it. Note my soundbar is placed right in front on the TV. Please assist further.

Hi prsaxena,

Thanks for the question and testing that for us.

The Soundbar 700 sends out the IR signal from the soundbar itself and not the Bose remote.

Have you contacted technical support to try the IR emitter? This can help if there is a lack of reflective surfaces in the area between your Soundbar 700 and TV.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi AndrewL,

Thanks for the details.

Were you able to contact technical support for an IR emitter to see if that helps?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support