mail@gagarin.us
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Soundbar 700 remote to control Apple TV

hello there!  Is there anyone who can help me program the Soundbar 700 remote to control Apple TV?  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Soundbar 700 remote to control Apple TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting. I would love to assist you with setting up your Apple Tv with your universal remote. 

To do so you will need to open the Bose Music App > Settings > Universal Remote > Configure > Add New Device > Streaming Device, then just follow the onscreen directions. 

Please update me on the result of this and I hope this helps you with your issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting. I would love to assist you with setting up your Apple Tv with your universal remote. 

To do so you will need to open the Bose Music App > Settings > Universal Remote > Configure > Add New Device > Streaming Device, then just follow the onscreen directions. 

Please update me on the result of this and I hope this helps you with your issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

SH71
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hi,

When doing this go to Advanced tab when you are setting up universal control, once there it will ask for model name, in my case i entered Apple TV 4K.

Hope this helps.

Rugger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hi,

I am unable to control my Apple TV 4K and my Xfinity X1 with the universal remote.  I have tried adding the remotes through the steps above on the bose app and no luck.   Any help will be appreciated.

thanks!

Jessie_O

Hi Rugger, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue also. 

I would recommend making sure your system and the app are up to date with the latest firmware to make sure you have the right remote codes. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Rugger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hi. Remote codes? I added the Apple TV through Bose Music app. It says it’s successfully but the controls do not work using Apple TV. Do you have any material I can walkthrough?

Jessie_O

Hi Rugger, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I'm sorry if I was unclear in my explanation. By updating the firmware of the Soundbar and ensuring that the app is up to date it gives a wider range of remote codes to try. Though these are added in the application, you still need the remote to control your connected devices. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Rugger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 version:

60157651 +Oaf1f35

Bose Music App version:

All versions are up to date.  Any another suggestions?

Jessie_O

Hi Rugger, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

Have you tried removing the previous programming and trying again? As other customers have been able to connect to Apple TV It should be working. 

Let me know how it goes.

Kindest,

Jessie O 

maurice0822
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Hi,

I need some assistance please!

I am unable to control my Apple TV 4K with the universal remote. I have tried adding the remote through the following steps: open the Bose Music App > Settings > Universal Remote > Configure > Add New Device > Streaming Device, then I followed the onscreen directions and no luck.

It states that it was configured but every time i try to control the Apple TV with the Bose remote a light blinks on the Apple TV like its receiving something but nothing happens. The Apple TV is on the left side of the soundbar right next to it.  I have gone through these forms hoping i can find something, but nothing I do seems to help.  Any help will be appreciated.

Both the Soundbar and app have the latest firm ware.
Bose soundbar 700 version:
6.0.15-7651 +Oaf1f35

Bose Music App version:

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,

Maurice