Soundbar 700 - update failed on 8/22/2019 (solid red light)

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700 - update failed on 8/22/2019 (solid red light)

I have soundbar 700 with base module and surround speakers. Soundbar stopped working and white light was sliding from left to right for about 48 hours. Followed instructions to manually install the latest update file however the upload URL wont work. Now the soundbar has solid red light. Called Bose support and I have to send the soundbar for service. Anyone faced similar issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundbar 700 - update failed on 8/22/2019 (solid red light)

I have the same issues, now there is a solid redlight. It won't even turn on and my remote control is hopeless.. It's like I have to reconnect everything from scratch... But still no luck. The app online to control via smartphone is a pain as well. Not very friendly for users.. You figured BOSE would of handled all these issues, since they have around the block for many years... 

We need an updated easier way for users to be able to resolve issues and updates!!! Come on BOSE let's get it done....

Audible Advocate

Bet. I am still waiting for USPS label to arrive. Whats going on with your soundbar? Did you contact Bose customer service ?
Quiet Contributor

I have the Bose 500 soundbar. Same thing happened to be on 8/22/2019. Was getting a white light flashing from left to right and then went to a solid red. Tried unplugging and few times with no results. Called support and told me I have to send it in. Now I kind of wish I didnt buy such an expensive soundbar. 

Audible Advocate

Bose service says they need max of 3 weeks time to fix soundbar. 3 weeks SLA ? really ? I am done with Bose. They need to have more service centers across America and provide faster service. 

Quiet Contributor

That sucks. Did you send yours in?  Bose was supposed to send me shipping material and boxes so that I could send my soundbar to them via UPS. I waited 2 weeks and nothing. Called support and they told me they were out of stock on materials to send out to me. So I went to UPS store and they boxed it and shipped it. Packaging material cost me $20. Shipping paid for by Bose. I checked on UPS tracking and should be delivered 9/10. If it takes 3 weeks for repair, I kinda wonder how many more they are repairing. They’re probably swamped with defective sound bars. I thought Bose was supposed to be good quality speakers. At least they were in the past, I guess things change! Who knew?