Soundbar 700 update issue

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700 update issue

Hi everyone,

My soundbar 700 stucked at updates for more than 12 hours. I rebooted the sound bar and status light bar turns to solid red after a minute. I tried to factory reset by pressing “power” and “forward” for 15 seconds on remote, but remote is not connected. ARC is working but all other functions like APP, Bluetooth, remote, and Alexia are totally disabled. Please help and thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundbar 700 update issue

Hello Adg133,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your Soundbar 700. 

I would recommend that you try to manually push the update by following the instructions here >> Manually updating your soundbar.

Let me know how this goes and if you re-gain access to those features mentioned above.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for replying. My remote is not connected to soundbar and couldn’t turn it to maintenance mode. 6 lights flashing when pressing remote.

Hello Adg133,

Sorry! Let's get the remote paired first. On the remote, hold the Left arrow and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds. Them, on the Soundbar, hold the action button (the circle located to the right of the microphone symbol) for 20 seconds. The remote should not be paired. Then resume the instructions to manually update the Soundbar 700. 

Let me know if you have any problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

It doesn’t work.  The action button and mute button is not responding at all. 

Hello Adg133, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues. I would recommend following the instructions here regarding resetting the remote and then re-pairing. This should help. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G