Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Soundbar 700

I recently moved and am having issues with my sound bar 700. Why do i have to press the bluetooth button in order to hear sound through the bar? In my previous residence, i would just simply turn it on and the audio would

connect automatically. Now, when i turn the tv on with the universal remote, i have to press the bluetooth button to hear anything? And on top of that, if i press the tv icon on the remote to go back to using the actual tv it will automatically turn off the sound since the bluetooth button is no longer lit. Im not sure if i did something wrong in the setup or what, need help please!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by davesa

Thanks for getting back to us @davesa. Can I please ask for a few more details of your specific set up? I would love to know everything about it including the cables you are using, the phone you have and what your TV model is? Let's get the soundbar back to normal. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry you're having this experience. As I'm sure you're aware this should not be the case!

Lets factory reset your system;

• Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for five seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

Do let us know if this shows any improvements after set up.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Thanks for the response, but I did that already to no avail?

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by davesa

Thanks for getting back to us @davesa. Can I please ask for a few more details of your specific set up? I would love to know everything about it including the cables you are using, the phone you have and what your TV model is? Let's get the soundbar back to normal. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

I clicked on reply and it enabled “accept solution.” Im using all the provided cables, my phone is an iphone 10 and the tv is a samsung un65js8500.

Highlighted

Hey Dave,

Are you connecting your Soundbar 700 to your TV using Bluetooth? Or, through HDMI or Optical?

For TV audio, the TV screen button will usually activate your soundbar to play the TV audio, as it has switched the source.

Is the soundbar having any trouble playing audio through other devices in your home? Have you checked on the Bose Music app that the product is up-to-date in terms of firmware?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

App is up to date and i’m connected through hdmi, but as i said i have to press the bluetooth button in order to hear any audio regardless of the source. Eg. I turn on my setup with the bose remote, the tv and soundbar both turn on. At this the moment the tv icon has illuminated on the remote allowing me to operate the tvs function. Now, if i go to lets say netflix, in order to hear audio from the soundbar i have to press the bluetooth button. The tv will then ask if i want to hear the audio through the soundbar and i click yes. Now, i can hear the audio, but have lost the function of the bose remote other than volume settings. Now, if i press the tv icon it will stop playing sound through the bar. And if i press the power button while the bluetooth symbol is lit on my remote, it’ll only turn off the sound bar. I then have to press the tv icon and then power button to fully turn off the tv. Never had this issue and this soundbar seems to get worse over time. 

Highlighted

@davesa That is a very strange problem that I've not come across before. Let's clear the remote pairing and initiate this again. Please follow these steps to do this:

• Unplug your router to disconnect your product from the Internet
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and Left arrow buttons for five seconds to clear stored pairings in the remote
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds
  • Wait 15 seconds for the remote and soundbar to pair
  • Plug in your router. (Note: It could take a couple minutes for the router to restart.

Now please let us know if the issue persists.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Sorry for the late response, but that did not resolve the issue? This is getting rather frustrating.

Highlighted

Thanks for trying that and letting us know, davesa.

From how you have described this so far, and the troubleshooting tried as well, it does sound like for some reason, the TV is using Bluetooth as it's output rather than the HDMI cable you have connected the soundbar with. Especially as it asks if you want to hear the audio through the soundbar when you press the Bluetooth icon.

If you were to go into the sound or audio settings on your TV, there will likely be an option to choose what speakers or output it is using. Make sure this is set to the HDMI-ARC output to make it use that connection to the soundbar.

If the sound does not start straight away, you may need to reboot the TV and soundbar for this to take effect. When doing this, you will want to do it in this order:

• Power off the TV and soundbar, and disconnect them both from the power.
  • Wait for at least 1 minute.
  • Plug just the soundbar back in to power and allow it to boot up. (The white light on the front will stop blinking when this is ready for the next step)
  • Set the soundbar to TV mode by pressing the TV icon on the remote.
  • Plug the TV back in to power, turn it on and test.

By doing it this way, you will refresh the HDMI connection between the two, as well as reboot them.

Let me know if this does the trick!